Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Where to get beautiful linen for cheap

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 11:24 pm
A few years ago my parents wanted to help a few poor chosen/kallah from Eretz Yesreol with something useful so they bought beautiful linen set. One person told for the next and with time it became an unofficial gemach for linen for poor chosen/kallah from Eretz Yesreol. The thing is that my parents are not well off at all but they have a huge heart and can't say no when they get a phone call. So from Nov. Of this year Till now my parents bought over 80 sets of linen and for each set they paid $70. So I'm asking dear freinds for advise and ideas where to buy beautiful sets for way cheaper so they can keep it running. They are willing to buy a lot (100) at a time if they can get wholesale prices but it has to be decent and strong.
(Anonymous because I think they are the only one that have such a gemach)
Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 11:34 pm
How nice!

I suggest they talk to local linen stores and explain what they are doing, and ask if they could put in a wholesale order 'through them'. Should work if the retailer is comfortable that they won't be out of pocket, nor stuck holding onto the inventory.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 11:40 pm
Costco- love their sheets
Also Sams club has hotel linens but not sure if the quality

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 11:43 pm
I don't know, but I just want to say that before Pesach I bought 2 sets of linen from J C penney on sale for $36 each (full price was $70) and I was so disappointed! Linen was very cheap and low-quality. I thought I would get good quality for a low price but really I got junk (for a low price,yes ,but it was no metzia.)

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 11:45 pm
amother wrote:
How nice!

I suggest they talk to local linen stores and explain what they are doing, and ask if they could put in a wholesale order 'through them'. Should work if the retailer is comfortable that they won't be out of pocket, nor stuck holding onto the inventory.

Thanks for your reply.
My parents are buying from a local store and gave them a better price of $70 instead of $85. They live in Brooklyn

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 11:50 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Costco- love their sheets
Also Sams club has hotel linens but not sure if the quality

Costco has a full set meaning sheets covers and pillow cases? And do they printed too?

thanks

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 12:11 am
Ikea has nice duvet sets. You need to buy a matching sheet too. 100% cotton. The ones I bought are good quality, though not so soft.

happy12

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 9:53 am
Mor linen on 39 street between 12 and 13 ave. They sell wholesale to many linen stores. You can get wholesale price if you buy a lot.

amother
Black

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 10:00 am
and I have an expensive set of linen from ben barber in brooklyn and its sad how bad quality it is. it pilled from the begining. and its snagging. not good. only thing is its soft. but I paid so much for it. and it was on sale. whatever. not gonna cry over something like this. I know they wont do anything for me.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 3:16 pm
Thank you everyone for your help advise.
Happy12 that was very helpful I will call them.

cnc

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 3:22 pm
PM me
I may have a lead for you.

Maryann

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 3:24 pm
D rose in Boro Park

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 6:41 pm
Lemore linen
12&13&39
He is the manufacturer for most of the linen places.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:46 pm
Thank you and tiska lmatzvahs for all your ideas. I greatly appreciate them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics