Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Cookies using oil ?

smile

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 4:00 pm
I need some cookies/biscuit recipe but with oil. I need actual measurements.

I tried changing some of mine from butter or margarine to oil but they don't work out great. thanks

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 4:02 pm
I love these zebra fudge cookies and chocolate chip cookies.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....24567

sleepybeauty

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 4:07 pm
http://overtimecook.com/2014/0.....tter/

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 4:09 pm
I've been meaning to try these from Ami

Mini Sprinkle Cookies

1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups packed flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt
scant 1/2 cup sprinkles

Whisk oil and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract and continuing whisking.
Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and mix well until just combined. Mix in sprinkles last.
Form into tiny balls. Arrange on 2 lined baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes, until tops just begin to crack and turn golden.
Allow cookies to firm up on sheets for a few minutes before removing.

esther36

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 4:28 pm
I make cinnamon buns with oil and delicious chocolate chip cookies with oil

esther36

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 4:29 pm
I would love to know if Ami's sprinkle cookies r good. If someone made them please let me know.

Amarante

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 4:35 pm
You can't just switch liquid oil for butter because baking relies on very specific chemical reactions. You need to use a recipe that has been crafted to be made with oil.

There is margarine that is nit made with hydrogenated oil so it's a bit silly to avoid for health reasons at this point. There is even shortening that isn't made with hydrogenated oil that is healthier.

Of course there is nothing that compares to the sublime flavor of baked gooods made with real butter but that's a different issue.

bargainlover

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 4:41 pm
I made the sprinkle cookies from ami, they were delicious. Made as full size cookies and bakes for 11 min.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 4:42 pm
esther36 wrote:
I make cinnamon buns with oil and delicious chocolate chip cookies with oil

Please post your cinnamon bun recipe.

joystock

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 5:13 pm
I also made the mini sprinkle cookies from ami. I baked them 8-9 minutes and they came out looking exactly like the picture and delicious!

mommyla

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 5:40 pm
I just made those sprinkle cookies today Very Happy I made them full-size, so it only made about 30 cookies, and so far they're a big hit (haven't tasted any myself)!

miri15

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 5:53 pm
Amarante wrote:

There is margarine that is nit made with hydrogenated oil so it's a bit silly to avoid for health reasons at this point.

Some people avoid margarine because it's usually made with Soybean Oil. Some people are allergic.

Amarante

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 6:12 pm
Here's a recipe for cookies specifically formulated for oil. They are intended to be chewy instead of crisp since oil cookies will not be crisp.

Cherry Chip Cookies

Excerpt From: Anna Ginsberg - Daily Cookie.

MAKES ABOUT 28

1 cup (4.5 ounces) white whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
⅜ teaspoon salt
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats (not instant)
1 cup extra-dark or dark chocolate chips
¾ cup dried cherries
½ cup almonds, toasted and chopped

1 Preheat the oven to 350°F and place a rack in the center. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil.

2 Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl; set aside.

3 In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the oil and both sugars on medium speed until well mixed. Reduce the mixer speed “slightly and beat in the egg and vanilla extract. By hand or using the lowest speed of the mixer, stir in the flour mixture. When the flour is incorporated, stir in the oats, chocolate chips, cherries, and almonds. The batter will be moist but slightly crumbly.

4 Scoop up tablespoonfuls of dough and pack each into a ball a little over 1 inch in diameter. Arrange 2½ inches apart on the prepared baking sheets and press down slightly to flatten the tops. Bake one sheet at a time for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cookies are browned around the edges and appear set. Let cool on the baking sheets for 4 to 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Baker’s Notes: This recipe calls for almonds, but feel free to use whatever type of nut you like. If you find the dough to be too crumbly and can’t get it to bind together, add a teaspoon at a time of lightly beaten egg until the dough sticks. In most cases, you shouldn’t have to.

Amarante

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 6:14 pm
miri15 wrote:
Some people avoid margarine because it's usually made with Soybean Oil. Some people are allergic.

In general people avoided margarine because of hydrogenated oil and not because it was made from soybeans. Most people don't avoid soybeans and actually eat soybeans as a healthy food in the form of tofu and edamame.

If you are allergic, you're allergic but I was speaking to the broad population and not those with specific limited allergies.

noosheen

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:06 am
These are squares and are the easiest best recipe. No mixer needed

Mix together:
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c oil

Add & mix
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Add:
1.5 c flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt

Mix altogether. Add chocolate chips (as much as u want!). Bake in 9x13 preheated oven at 350 for 18-19
Min.

Enjoy!

queenert

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 2:03 am
For years I wouldn't touch cookie recipes with oil, but I tasted these and now I make them more often than my regular recipe. (No, they're not better - they're equally good but oil is cheaper and easier to clean. And yes, they're chewier rather than crisper, but I like that in a choc chip cookie.)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 ¼ cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup of chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Devour.

And if you're accepting bar recipes too, I just subbed oil for this one from all recipes and it works beautifully. Rave reviews, always.

Blonde Brownies (Blondies)

1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I omit.)
scant 1/3 cup oil (whenever subbing oil for margarine, do ¾ the amount listed)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Mix oil and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix in the flour, powder, soda, and salt. Fold in the nuts. Spread into a 9x9 pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Devour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins