Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Want to lose 30 pounds
Previous  1  2

oliveoil

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:35 pm
amother wrote:
It's completely different. The Whole30 is about feeding your body real food to satiation, Trim You is about starving yourself to weight loss while tricking your body into thinking it's full.

Most people who follow the Whole30 strictly and keep to the meal template lose weight at a reasonable pace. It isn't a crash diet or lose 10 lbs by next week kind of thing, no.

Well said.

Trim You ( a version of the hcg diet ) is absolutely a very unhealthy, starve-yourself, for most people unsustainable diet.

Certainly you should not even consider it while nursing.

oliveoil

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:36 pm
miami85 wrote:

As one website put it: Sure can't anyone lose weight only consuming 500 calories a day? The answer is you might, but you might also feel faint, sluggish and end up looking like a gaunt skeloton. This diet only burns off "unhealthy fat" it came off of places that no matter what exercise I would do, wouldn't come off--back, hips.

Do you actually believe this nonsense?

miami85

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 3:24 pm
oliveoil wrote:
Well said.

Trim You ( a version of the hcg diet ) is absolutely a very unhealthy, starve-yourself, for most people unsustainable diet.

The "Starvation" portion of the diet is only a small part of it. but it doesn't feel like starvation. The meals are small but balanced and comprised of healthy food--lean protein, non-starchy vegetable and a fruit. I'm comparing Whole 30 to the 3rd phase which you stabilize your weight and retrain yourself to eat sensibly--no carbs.

I have ABSOULTELY NO vested interest in this diet, only that I've seen the results and it works! I have a friend who was "morbidly obese" and is now down to a size 18 and still going.

And the reason I believe the "nonsense" is because I saw how minor changes--eating "one cookie" or one little piece of something off the protocol would cause stalls. Despite eating WAY fewer calories than normal.

I got tons of comments about how good I looked after losing all the weight, I'm a mother of young kids, I don't have time to exercise, but I was scared at the prospect of being "obese" and risking all the health implications that come with the territory. I did a diet that was very similar to Whole 30--dairy free, soy free, sugar free for a 30 period, and yes I lost 20 lbs, but as soon as I added carbs back--because that's part of my life, I gained back the 20lbs and added 20 more. The Trim You diet recognizes that you can't do it that way and slowly re-introduces carbs, but doesn't forbid them entirely unless you see that it causes weight gain--and for me it didn't.

Another great quote I saw is "which is more unhealthy--this diet which is maybe a little over a month of your life (can only do max of 42-50 days at a time) or keeping the extra weight on for years?"

rosebunch

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 3:56 pm
amother wrote:
Can you give me a general idea of what you can eat on this diet I'm thinking of trying it.
Thank you

1 cup green tea upon waking up
8-10 cups water throughout day

breakfast
big veggie salad
some farmer or cottage cheese
2 eggs, cooked or scrambled
coffee

fruit before 2 pm

greek yogurt

greek salad or any lettuce salad at about 3-4 pm

dinner
vegetable entree (grilled eggplant or sauteed squash)
soup (vegetable/onion/squash/chicken)
chicken (either bottom or 2 pcs cutlets) with pickles, cole slaw or cucumber salad

if I crave a bit of sugar later in the day, I'll have a low calorie sugar free ices or ice cream

this is a very basic menu based on my food preferences, but if you read the book, the food choices are really vast.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 8:27 pm
OP, do you have a fit bit? Some people feel it helps them walk more

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 8:47 pm
amother wrote:
OP, do you have a fit bit? Some people feel it helps them walk more

No. I am gonna found like an idiot now. What is that?

miami85

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 6:22 am
oliveoil wrote:
Well said.

If you find the HCG diet "unsustainable" then you likely did not "load" well at the beginning. I had very little discomfort.

I will just say that it works best if you don't have a lot of "food events" in your life--not a lot of weddings or bar mitzvahs where you will feel "deprived" if you can't eat. Because you have to be committed to the program for the duration of the spray phase. The 2nd time around I tried "cheating" and it did affect results so I don't recommend it.

Sunnydays

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 7:06 am
I'm in the same position 3 kids 5 3" was 159 I'm down to 142 and still working on it. What worked for me was 3 meals and 3 snacks. Measuring my food and planning my meals. Yu can't be hungry when ur nursing cuz then we just eat what we see 😏
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise