Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Does anyone here work in HR?

mha3484

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:52 am
Is there anyone out there that has transitioned from working as a recruiter to working as a HR Generalist? How did you go about it? I would love to pick your brain. I like my job but there are some things that are getting on my nerves. I want to be deliberate about planning my next move.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:30 pm
I work in HR. Have not worked as a recruiter though. What would you like to know?

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 2:41 pm
I used to work in HR. I can say that the roles are very different. Do you have a degree or certification in hr already? As a generalist you would need to know tje ins and outs of HR law, which a recruiter might not be familiar with. So I'd imagine that getting the neccessary education would be the first step.

mha3484

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 2:55 pm
I am looking into getting a certification this summer. I like the idea of using my paralegal background and my current experience as a recruiter together. I am getting burned out of being someones assistant. My boss is a nice guy but I think he will always see me as the "assistant" and I want to be my own person if that makes sense.

Can you all tell me more about pay. hours. your job satisfaction? What was your first job and how did you get it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics