Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Perfect Tee No More
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 12:57 pm
LittleMissMama wrote:
The j crew version is nice but too thick for layering in summer: great shape and neckline and holds up to washing

https://www.jcrew.com/p/womens.....B1304

That looks great! Is this a good option for a white tee to be worn on its own without being too sheer yet breathable for summer?

LittleMissMama

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 1:09 pm
I don't have a white one but the ones I do have (navy and black) are a nice weight, so they're not sheer at all.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 1:10 pm
amother wrote:
Gap has stopped making it's "perfect tee!!!" And it was! Fit slim but not tight, 100% cotton, good neckline... I am desperately in need of some new teeshirts. They need, as above to be 100% or near 100% cotton. Can be 3/4 or long sleeved. Good neckline and nice fit, not shleppy; able to be worn with a shabbos skirt or to work. And not too expensive.

In the jewish stores you will find Should be able to find the T-shirt called - 24/7. Well priced an made in many different colors

Blessed4

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 1:45 pm
Junee tees are great. Perfect neck . Nice fit. Tons of colors.

farm

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 8:39 pm
I just bought a bunch of the gap featherlight t's as my stash of 5+ year old perfect t's that I have worn every single day since I bought them were getting threadbare. I was pretty disappointed by how thin and flimsy they felt but now that I have worn one, put it through the wash, and wore it a second time, it actually felt really nice and somehow more substantial that second time. Perhaps it shrunk a bit and became more compact? Anyway, I am really happy with them and glad I bought a bunch and not just one.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 7:31 pm
LittleMissMama wrote:
I don't have a white one but the ones I do have (navy and black) are a nice weight, so they're not sheer at all.

Just wanted to update for those following this thread. The J Crew tee didn't work out for me. The white was see through and the sizing is way way narrow.
If you're looking for another color and willing to go up a few sizes it's a pretty good tee.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 7:36 pm
Are you talking about the pure body long sleeve tee? I am in desp need of a replacement for my charcoal gray one that literally has holes and I can't find anything Sad

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 7:38 pm
amother wrote:
Are you talking about the pure body long sleeve tee? I am in desp need of a replacement for my charcoal gray one that literally has holes and I can't find anything Sad

This one

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 7:41 pm
I was actually referring to the op, but I am going to try the j crew one! Thank you!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 7:43 pm
OP here. I also have an update. I ordered the Gap "modern tee." It's WAY too long (even in a petite) and WAY too heavy. Almost like a lightweight sweater or sweatshirt. The search continues.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 7:46 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. I also have an update. I ordered the Gap "modern tee." It's WAY too long (even in a petite) and WAY too heavy. Almost like a lightweight sweater or sweatshirt. The search continues.

How was the neckline and sizing? Maybe it would be good in white if it's cotton.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 7:47 pm
ra_mom wrote:
This one

I remember their tees usually run big. This one runs small?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 7:51 pm
R_a, the neckline was good. It's pretty true to size. Also, I actually am fairly petite 5'2. If you are a few inches taller, you could order the petite and probably it would be the right length.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 8:37 pm
Gap also discontinued their Purebody tees and tanks, which I've lived in for years. I wear them under everything because I have sensory issues with a lot of fabrics. I usually replace them once or twice a year because they get stained/worn out/small holes, which I need to do now, but no clue what I'm going to buy instead. I'm hoping if I can hold out for another season, they'll bring them back. There's been a lot of comments on the site of ppl who feel like I do.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 8:39 pm
amother wrote:
I remember their tees usually run big. This one runs small?

Super narrow.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 8:39 pm
amother wrote:
R_a, the neckline was good. It's pretty true to size. Also, I actually am fairly petite 5'2. If you are a few inches taller, you could order the petite and probably it would be the right length.

Thanks! I don't mind hemming a tee.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 8:49 pm
amother wrote:
Gap also discontinued their Purebody tees and tanks, which I've lived in for years. I wear them under everything because I have sensory issues with a lot of fabrics. I usually replace them once or twice a year because they get stained/worn out/small holes, which I need to do now, but no clue what I'm going to buy instead. I'm hoping if I can hold out for another season, they'll bring them back. There's been a lot of comments on the site of ppl who feel like I do.

I know, I'm going crazy. I have like 5 of the light gray that I stocked up on a few years ago. But the charcoal is frayed beyond repair. Hoping the j crew one will work out for me.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 8:50 pm
A friend of mine buys the j crew but orders a few different sizes to try and returns the rest.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
I know, I'm going crazy. I have like 5 of the light gray that I stocked up on a few years ago. But the charcoal is frayed beyond repair. Hoping the j crew one will work out for me.

Me too! My light greys are still ok but my blacks are dying.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 8:26 am
Go to ebay and type in women's long sleeve te e. There are tons of super cheap options that look perfect.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics