Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Proper swimming etiquette
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

mddm

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:38 am
I go swimming in a Frum Development pool, so only women in the locker room. I find that there are woman who change into and out of their bathing suits in the locker room where they are visible to all. I find it uncomfortable, especially when there are young girls there.
Is this common and I'm the crazy one or are they out of line??

tichellady

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:40 am
Nudity is normal in locker rooms.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:48 am
What do you think that the locker room is for, if not to change in and out of swimsuits? And where do you think that they should change, if not in the locker room?

mddm

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:52 am
SixOfWands wrote:
What do you think that the locker room is for, if not to change in and out of swimsuits? And where do you think that they should change, if not in the locker room?

I'm all for changing in a locker room. However, one can do it "modestly" or one can strip down and walk around in their birthday suit...

MiracleMama

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:56 am
While many women do feel uncomfortable changing even in front of other women, or even being in that environment, that is certainly to be expected in a locker room. If it makes you uncomfortable, can you access the pool without going in there?

mddm

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:58 am
MiracleMama wrote:
While many women do feel uncomfortable changing even in front of other women, or even being in that environment, that is certainly to be expected in a locker room. If it makes you uncomfortable, can you access the pool without going in there?

I can't really access the pool without going in to the locker room. I just thought that these things only happened by men, like my DH says goes on in the men's Mikva. Didn't think it was done in our rooms.

imasoftov

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:10 am
Why is this in "Sheitels & Tichels"?

rgr

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:52 am
I thought this would bee about covering while swimming. Does anyone keep their hair covered while swimming?

Last edited by rgr on Thu, May 18 2017, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

mddm

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:54 am
imasoftov wrote:

Any suggestion as to what section is better?

WhatFor

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:56 am
mddm wrote:
Any suggestion as to what section is better?

Manners and Etiquette

essie14

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 11:14 am
Every womens locker room I have ever been in has had women changing and walking around naked. I've been seeing that since I was 3 years old and I never had a problem with it. Some women will change in a stall and some right in front of the lockers.
No big deal.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 11:20 am
mddm wrote:
I can't really access the pool without going in to the locker room. I just thought that these things only happened by men, like my DH says goes on in the men's Mikva. Didn't think it was done in our rooms.
Why did you think "these things" only happened by men??? And by the way, not even all men's mikvaot have men walking around naked.
A locker room is a place to get changed. You will, by default, have naked women. Some feel comfortable and walk around with everything hanging out. Thats the life of a locker room.

mddm

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 11:27 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Why did you think "these things" only happened by men??? And by the way, not even all men's mikvaot have men walking around naked.
A locker room is a place to get changed. You will, by default, have naked women. Some feel comfortable and walk around with everything hanging out. Thats the life of a locker room.

I guess I'm just innocent and sheltered :-)

doctorima

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:19 pm
imasoftov wrote:

I thought it was because they get completely nude while changing except for leaving on their hair covering. Smile

SixOfWands

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:41 pm
doctorima wrote:
I thought it was because they get completely nude while changing except for leaving on their hair covering. Smile

Merkins?

mddm

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:48 pm
doctorima wrote:

There is a joke of a woman who went to the Mikva and when she got back to her room she found that someone had stolen her clothing, so she only had her towel left which didn't do a great cover up job Wink
So she wrapped the towel around her head and face and ran home!

vicki

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:48 pm
As a matter of fact it is considered ill-mannered to change in the shower rooms or bathrooms. However, more than 50% - probably more than 80% - of the women I see do change in the private shower rooms or bathrooms.
There are occasional arguments from the women waiting to shower or use the bathrooms for their intended purpose.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:02 pm
mddm wrote:
There is a joke of a woman who went to the Mikva and when she got back to her room she found that someone had stolen her clothing, so she only had her towel left which didn't do a great cover up job Wink
So she wrapped the towel around her head and face and ran home!

A rabbi, priest and imam went on a hike one day. It was hot, so when they came upon a small pond, they decided to take a refreshing swim, au naturel. As happens in these jokes, an animal came along and scattered their clothing. While they were hustling to find them, a group of their respective congregants came along. The priest cupped his hands and covered his jewels. The iman, likewise, covered his jewels. The rabbi covered his face. After the congregants left, the stunned priest and imam asked why he'd done that. "Well, I don't know what parts of you that YOUR congregants usually see, but for me, its my face.

seeker

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 5:22 pm
What's a frum development pool?
When I go swimming with a group of frum women and girls (we band together to rent out a pool for women only once in a while) everyone tries to change as discreetly as possible. Of course things are going to show here and there but nobody's parading around with nothing or little on.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 5:42 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Merkins?

Rolling Laughter
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette