Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What color kitchen is in style?
1  2  3  Next

momto2

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 4:54 pm
I'm doing a kitchen and have no idea what's in style these days. I like white but I'm afraid it will be hard to keep clean. I like dark brown but I hear its out of style and I'm afraid it will make the room dark. Any ideas? Thanks!

Miri7

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 5:03 pm
Cabinets in a light to light-medium grey is in style.

Also doing the top white and the lower grey or another darker neutral is in style.

Check out Houzz.com to see some good ideas and examples. I love browsing their photos.

isrmss91

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 5:09 pm
All the recent kitchens re-dos I have seen, are grey and white.
This is my dream kitchen if I ever get a chance to to have a re-model
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....sk02a

amother
Puce

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 6:02 pm
I just did my kitchen White and grey and it looks beautiful

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 6:05 pm
Buy something you like that's timeless. You don't want your kitchen to be outdated in 7 years.

saralem

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 7:16 pm
We did our kitchen all in white from ikea. Looks so very like the photo. And much more reasonable than anywhere else. White subway tile. Range hood. Uh huh. Loving it!

DrMom

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 2:30 pm
Go to kitchen tile, appliance, and countertop showrooms for inspiration. Look through decor magazines.

But ultimately, pick something YOU love.

[If fluorescent orange were "in-style," would you want that? ]

mommyofd1

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 9:34 pm
Colored kitchens are actually very in style (and you could do dark if that's what you like), I've seen gorgeous kitchens which has dark blue or green bottoms and cream/white uppers. Its light and bright but easier to keep clean. Also, do NOT get a mosiac glass tile backspash - they were in style a few years ago but are going to go out in a few years and will look very outdated. Stick with a classic tile, preferably something unique.
Heres a few examples
http://cdn.homedit.com/wp-cont.....s.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pini.....1.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sbeh-.....5.jpg

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 9:41 pm
Buy some kitchen magazines, clip pics, and make a notebook of things you love and why. Do the same with "idea books" on houzz.

A lot of my clients are doing white or ivory cabinets, which have been in style for years already. Gray is in style now — we'll see how long that lasts. Light upper cabs with darker bottom cabs is also a trend.

Select a style you love, because whatever is in style now will be dated in 10 years.

icebreaker

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 9:44 pm
Lighter colors. I suppose you could do dark cabinets if you really wanted to, but if you ever choose to sell down the line, and light-colored cabinets are still the style, it may hinder your chances at selling because buyers will see a renovation ahead.

mommyofd1

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 9:52 pm
icebreaker wrote:
Lighter colors. I suppose you could do dark cabinets if you really wanted to, but if you ever choose to sell down the line, and light-colored cabinets are still the style, it may hinder your chances at selling because buyers will see a renovation ahead.

I disagree, I think any nicely done, quality kitchen, even if it is dark colored, won't be considered bad for resale

amother
Wine

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 9:53 pm
Not OP, but different amother busy with renovation. Are black countertops with white cupboards out of style? All the pictures that have been linked here seem to have the opposite effect - darker cupboards than counters...

gumby

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 10:05 pm
Grey

mommyofd1

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 10:10 pm
amother wrote:
Not OP, but different amother busy with renovation. Are black countertops with white cupboards out of style? All the pictures that have been linked here seem to have the opposite effect - darker cupboards than counters...

Its not specificaly in style - but its a classic look when done well

icebreaker

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 10:32 pm
Definitely white everything lol. I follow a lot of Scandinavian interior accounts on Instagram (seriously, the people I follow have such BEAUTIFUL homes and with children lol). They all have white kitchens with very light wood floors.

mommyofd1

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 10:38 pm
icebreaker wrote:
Definitely white everything lol. I follow a lot of Scandinavian interior accounts on Instagram (seriously, the people I follow have such BEAUTIFUL homes and with children lol). They all have white kitchens with very light wood floors.

I'm always looking for more inspiration, would you mind sharing the names of the accounts?

icebreaker

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 10:49 pm
mommyofd1 wrote:
I'm always looking for more inspiration, would you mind sharing the names of the accounts?

@jagochduarvi

@photosbyir

@meineart_dp

@villavang

@villaskogshuset

@interiorbysarahstrath

allthingsblue

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 10:52 pm
White is in
Blue is in
Gray I think was in, and is on its way out

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 11:28 pm
DrMom wrote:
Go to kitchen tile, appliance, and countertop showrooms for inspiration. Look through decor magazines.

But ultimately, pick something YOU love.

[If fluorescent orange were "in-style," would you want that? ]

My kitchen is done with tons of bright orange and oak. I love it - but would never recommend it. If I was redoing not sure I'd be brave enough to put it in a new kitchen but I love all the color now, the area is so alive.

momto2

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 12:08 am
I'm leaning toward white with gray tile backsplash, what color countertops go well with that?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen