Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Two of each?

bzb

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 11:23 am
Have 6 month old twins , lookig for more toys and things for them.
What do I need two of ?
I'm looking into the bumbo seat, I would like two but do I rly need two?
Two high chairs?
Two jumparoos?
Thanks in advance!

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 11:57 am
bzb wrote:
What do I need two of ?
Two high chairs?
Two jumparoos?
Thanks in advance!

Yes u need 2 highchair. U can also use a poppy pillow instead of bumbo seat. I don't think u need 2 jumparoos. I would buy one n see how it goes. Could be won't even like it. And there nothing wrong w each kid doing at else at the same time n then switching. Also I don't know where u live or how big ur place is. Everything takes up Room.

Good luck and enjoy them. they grow fast

Teomima

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 1:10 pm
Two high chairs, two cribs, two car seats, and when the time is right, two potties. Those are the only things you really need doubles of. Personally I'd also suggest two baby carriers, if you're into baby wearing (and I don't know how anyone can survive multiples without wearing. I basically lived with at least one child at a time on my stomach or back). As for everything else, they won't be doing everything at the same time anyways, and they outgrow stuff so quickly, it's just not worth it. In my opinion, at least.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 6:18 pm
bzb wrote:

Two high chairs?
Two jumparoos?
Thanks in advance!

Skip the bumbo and jumparoo they are bad for babies development.

Just put them on the floor as much as possible, preferably on their stomachs.

Get toys that light up and make music to entertain them and entice them to stay on their stomachs.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 9:07 pm
my twins are now 10 but boy were they SPOILED. we had 2 high chairs, 2 swings, 2 bassinets, 2 cribs, 2 car seats, 2 gyminis, 2 potties etc etc etc. Sheesh. High chairs, cribs, potties, and car seats--- YES. Gyminis are unnecessary as a blanket and some toys is the same darn thing. Bassinets are unnecessary--- I could have just swaddled them each together in one crib at the beginning. I enjoyed having 2 swings but having one baby in a swing while one is on the floor and then switching works great too. NO NEED for jumparoos or bumbos. I liked the toys where little ones could sit and learning to stand babies could stand.... like musical mirrors and little toddler play tables with buttons to push, etc.

As far as carrying, I couldn't baby wear two at once---- I would wear one and hold one over my shoulder at that stage. But more often I'd stick them both in the stroller. Babywearing two was very awkward for me. But a decade ago babywearing wasn't as developed.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 9:08 pm
Theyre gonna be crawling hopefully soon so I wouldnt and I didnt buy those stuff 6 years ago with my twins. I did have an exersaucer which was great.

Teomima

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 11:36 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
As far as carrying, I couldn't baby wear two at once---- I would wear one and hold one over my shoulder at that stage. But more often I'd stick them both in the stroller. Babywearing two was very awkward for me. But a decade ago babywearing wasn't as developed.

To be technical, I hardly ever wore both simultaneously (though at times I did). But sometimes I and someone else would each wear one (for example, when we'd go hiking, dh and I would each wear one, and once my sil and I participated in a flash mob, each wearing one. So fun!)

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 12:07 am
We have 5 month old twins. So far 2 cribs, 2 car seats, 2 bouncers, 2 swings, 2 playmats and we will get 2 high chairs.
The only reason we have so many is my sister was done with a few baby things (swing, playmat, bouncer) and gave them to me. They don't end up playing in the same toys usually. They go from toy to toy so they really could take turns.
We never used a baby carrier.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 1:06 am
bzb wrote:
What do I need two of ?
Two high chairs?
Two jumparoos?
Thanks in advance!

Bumbo would have make more sense at 2 months!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more