Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Yom Yerushlayim and Yom Haatzmaut

amother
Peach

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 3:55 pm
Happy Yom Yerushalayim this week!!! Yovel!
A real miracle!
I'm posting this now cuz the Yom Haatzmaut one is locked. I was visiting Sanguine and she just wants me to write how sad she is that many Frum Jews do not appreciate this miracle and goodness from Hashem. She's sad that women say not such nice things about Israel, the army etc. Let's not forget that a safe haven for Jews was non existant 70 years ago....
My addition - Even if it's not perfect yet, Israel is our home... let's not fall into the trap of Ches Hameraglim -- Chas V'shalom. And if someone endangers his life to save yours//// well, it's obvious how we should act/

zaq

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 4:35 pm
Hear, hear!

sequoia

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 5:21 pm
How is she???

tigerwife

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 5:25 pm
Hope she's doing better! I was just thinking about her, may she have a speedy recovery.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 5:34 pm
Refuah Shaleima to Sanguine, hope she's doing OK.

zaq

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 5:55 pm
We all wish Sanguine a refuah shleimah. At the same time I find it quite telling, and not in a good way,how pointedly you are all ignoring Sanguine's message. Could you be any more obvious?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 6:15 pm
Last night, Rabbi Reisman spoke about the Six Day War. (Can't remember the hook, somewhat tenuous, to Shoftim.) A major point was a piece from Rabbi Moshe Shapira, zt"l about how the five tragedies of 17 Tammuz were the seed to the five tragedies of 9 Av. When something happens, it can't be business as usual and we have to learn from it.
I'm not saying this in any mussardik way. If anyone listens to Rabbi Reisman for any appreciable amount of time, you will know how much his profound chibas ha'aretz and its people comes through. He is baffled that people would choose to vacation anywhere but E"Y given the chance, and as he said, if he could relive anything in life, it would be the unalloyed joy we felt at the gift of fuller access to E"Y, and how we have to recapture it.

He has also spoken repeatedly about the great gift of E"Y, the love tap and chizuk from Hashem after World War II, and again, how we can't lose sight of it.

I went to a BY school where we were trained to draw a map of E"Y and major cities.

Last week I saw a shiur from Tammy Karmel about looking for the best in everyone. She quoted the Rachmastrivka Rebbetzin who said of Tommy Lapid (!), "One day, when Moshiach comes, he will be a torch of Torah for all." Now how's that for ahavas Yisrael Very Happy

This is what I have been taught - love for E"Y and for all Jews. And for Hashem and His Torah. May we soon see the day when they are all one, and may all who need see complete, unadulterated yeshuos.

ETA to OP: "Ur'eh btuv Yerushalayim." I always cringed when I'd do lice check in school and someone would say, "Check Plonis carefully, they just came back from E"Y." Yes, I know it was necessary for us to know, but I hated to hear that.

One more P.S. I remember one dd coming back (I won't say coming home, she was home) from seminary in E"Y and she was so deflated. As nice as it was to see us, the chu"l airport wasn't like E"Y. "Where the guards were Jewish! Everyone in uniform and just about everyone else was Jewish!"

zaq

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 6:38 pm
Thank you PinkFridge!

ROFL

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 6:40 pm
Let's celebrate together for yom yerushlayim and a refuah shelimah to sanguine

etky

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 9:56 pm
First of all - how is Sanguine? I have also been thinking of her and davening.
Regarding the topic you and she were discussing, I have this to say:
I went to see The Zookeeper's Wife at Cinema City in Jerusalem with a friend yesterday evening.
We emerged from the movie overawed by the courage and bravery that is the topic of the film and subdued by the horror of the period that it depicts but also- with the week-long Yom Yerushalayim celebrations set to kick off on the backdrop of the walls of the Old City in just a couple of hours - with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude to Hashem for granting us the national miracle that our return to this vibrant, thriving city represents and tremendously grateful for the zchut of living in this time and in this place.
We both agreed that this- the unification of the city in 1967, the incredible growth and development of the city in the following decades and the ingathering of Jews to it from literally the four corners of the globe - is the closest thing to a "nes galuy" that we can think of.

tigerwife

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 11:13 pm
zaq wrote:
We all wish Sanguine a refuah shleimah. At the same time I find it quite telling, and not in a good way,how pointedly you are all ignoring Sanguine's message. Could you be any more obvious?

Why would you think so?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics