Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Bringing 10 month old to wedding -noise canceling headphones

momof2+?

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 8:28 pm
I know the music will be loud. It's a give in.
What can I do to protect my 10 month olds ears? or do most of you just ignore the fact that it's bad for them? (and bad for my other toddlers too...)
Would a hat do a/t? I see noise canceling headphones on amazon but idk if I'd actually put them on my baby. is there anything that's a little less obvious?

zaq

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 8:44 pm
You dont want noise canceling headphones.Those are for people like pilots in cockpits who need to hear conversation through another electronic device or want to listen to music in a noisy environment. What you want is earmuffs. Not the kind that keep ears warm but the kind for noise reduction, similar to what they wear in a shooting range. Look for a noise reduction rating NRR as high as possible.

Who cares if it's obvious? Someone's not gonna marry your dc cause in infancy she wore earmuffs? They don't make earplugs for babies and if they did you wouldn't want to use them because your baby would get the idea that ears are for putting little things into.

Your other alternatives are to attend the simcha and stay out in the hall the whole time the band is playing. Or hire a sitter to stay in the hall while you sit inside, in which case why not leave the kid home with a sitter?

A hat will look cute and keep her head warm. It will do nothing to protect her hearing.

gdgirl

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 8:49 pm
I think I heard there may be a gemach for this in NY. anyone have more info?

chilled

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 9:37 pm
gdgirl wrote:
I think I heard there may be a gemach for this in NY. anyone have more info?

Yes, there is one in Boro Park 718-300-0848
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics