Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help me plan my 2-3 day solo vacation
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 8:49 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Omg. I'm litterally rotfl!!!!!

I am a little weird. Beware.
We've been called yuppies before, but I'm nice and friendly.
And my girls, well, I'll just dress them up as boys and they'll act appropriately.
Can I join?

The kids, boys and girls alike, need to stay home. I'll need a "little" more convincing before I agree for you to join;p If you successfully convince me- what would be your ideal vacation?

Miri7

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 9:28 pm
My ideal solo vacation would be somewhere with a porch or balcony with a nice view, on the ocean or forest, where I could go for long walks.

A good reading spot would be a necessity.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 9:34 pm
Miri7 wrote:
My ideal solo vacation would be somewhere with a porch or balcony with a nice view, on the ocean or forest, where I could go for long walks.

A good reading spot would be a necessity.

I totally agree and I'm looking for something like that! Any specific places you have in mind?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 9:36 pm
amother wrote:
The kids, boys and girls alike, need to stay home. I'll need a "little" more convincing before I agree for you to join;p If you successfully convince me- what would be your ideal vacation?

I won't 'join'.
I will just be there. Can you block all the rooms in a hotel? Can you tell the mangement you don't want that lady there to be here? That's discrimination. Exploding anger

Miri7

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:
I totally agree and I'm looking for something like that! Any specific places you have in mind?

Yes, but my ideas are all on the west coast Smile

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:

Let's get real. How's Belle Harbor? How's Deal New Jersey?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 9:43 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Omg. I'm litterally rotfl!!!!!

I am a little weird. Beware.
We've been called yuppies before, but I'm nice and friendly.
And my girls, well, I'll just dress them up as boys and they'll act appropriately.
Can I join?

STOP talking about your girls!! Ok? They are stayin' home! Or by your mother or shviger.

You cant come with a cellphone and you can't nurse because you can't bring your baby either.
I'm so worked up from organizing this I almost don't know if the pain is worth the gain. Whew

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:
STOP talking about your girls!! Ok? They are stayin' home! Or by your mother or shviger.

You cant come with a cellphone and you can't nurse because you can't bring your baby either.
I'm so worked up from organizing this I almost don't know if the pain is worth the gain. Whew

Time to go back to planning that solo vacation. I think you just need some space to yourself and I totally commiserate.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 10:29 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Time to go back to planning that solo vacation. I think you just need some space to yourself and I totally commiserate.

Maroon amother is not the op though her scandolous plotting makes me think she too desparayelt needs a break.

Judy

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 10:51 pm
If you go when it's nice weather I think cape may can be beautiful. If you can find a reasonable hotel some are pricey but maybe it's before the season still and you'll have to bring food because nothing really there to buy there but it's right on the beach you can sit at beach and relax, rent a bike and bike around, take the trolley for a short tour of the town..it's just such a beautiful quaint town not too far yet you feel like in a different world.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:11 pm
Off topic. recently I disused with Dh that I need a break. A few hours later I got a break. However, not the one I deserved. I broke a few bones, and I now have a cast/crutches. What a break Sad

baker1

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:15 pm
I strongly recommend, ocean place in Deal, NJ.
Beautiful hotel near the water.. with kosher dairy and fleishig restaurants nearby. They also have a gorgeous spa for massages etc! Although it's a bit pricey but stunning and worth every penny!!

crust

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:28 pm
amother wrote:
Off topic. recently I disused with Dh that I need a break. A few hours later I got a break. However, not the one I deserved. I broke a few bones, and I now have a cast/crutches. What a break Sad

I'm so sorry for you. May you have a refuah shliema...
You can still use a break. Maybe even more than before it happened.
Btw, Gd is not a witch; You said you need a break???? Nunu!! Now you will know what a break means!!! Here you go! Break your foot! Now you know!!

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:31 pm
amother wrote:

So very sorry to hear that. I hope you're pain is bearable and manageable and that you have a speedy recovery. Hugs

crust

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:34 pm
Judy wrote:
If you go when it's nice weather I think cape may can be beautiful.

It looks beautiful.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:39 pm
Thank you.
Crust: I needed a 3 day break, and I got 3 month.

crust

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:40 pm
OP what are you looking for? You are ok to be by yourself in a big hotel?
Or are you looking for a more cozy place?

crust

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:44 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you.
Crust: I needed a 3 day break, and I got 3 month.

3 months? That's a long time! How are you managing?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:47 pm
crust wrote:
OP what are you looking for? You are ok to be by yourself in a big hotel?
Or are you looking for a more cozy place?

For some reason I think of a big hotel as safer than a cozy place, if you know what I mean. A relaxing hotel stay would be nice and if it's not too far and has at least one kosher restaurant or cafe close by- that would be perfect.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:53 pm
Crust: Everything just takes longer. Most breaks don't require a cast for so long. However O got a special break. Maybe because, I asked for it.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics