Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How do you afford tuition?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:
The job of the administration is to make sure rabbaim are paid on time. In our shcool the administration hussles big time to get that money in. They also motivate the parent base to push themselves to give to the their maximum and create a tremendous amount of parent pride and want to give.

I've heard Rabbi Bender speak about paying rebbeim well. Our school talks a similar talk.
I send to a school in Lakewood that has a reputation they pay their rebbeim on time and well and provide for them very generously by simchos (there is a seperate fund that parents contribute to and there are matchers). They do get amazing rebbeim - and I have heard from family who work there that it definitely motivates the rebbeim and teachers to give as hard as possible because of it. But they also get a lot of support from the principals and guidance and feedback. It helps turn a good rebbe into a fantastic rebbe. I have heard similar about Darchei.

I do know a rebbe who travels from Lakewood to work in a different, well run, wealthy, NY cheder. My impression was he is paid similarly to Lakewood schools, HOWEVER, the parents individual compensation is huge - it makes him feel very appreciated - I doubt any parent body in Lakewood comes close to that.

The job of the administration is to manage the day to day running of the school, to have a big picture of the aims of the school, and to administer a multi-million dollar budget. The payroll department sends out checks. In the expensive mo schools, it is unheard of not to pay teachers on time. (It's also unheard of to tip teachers.)
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics