Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Anone know how to look up someone's birthday online.

vet techy

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 10:55 pm
My boss makes a huge deal about his birthday. He told me when it is but I forgot. I know there was a website that was free to look up people's birthdays but I can't find it. Anyone know a website I could try that is free?
tia

MiracleMama

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:22 pm
I hope there isn't such a website. That's very invasive. Can you just ask a coworker?

Bluesky 1

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:29 pm
deleted

Last edited by Bluesky 1 on Tue, May 23 2017, 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

vet techy

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:30 pm
I have looked up birthdays a few years ago now I can't find the site.
I am the only one in the office besides my boss and I don't know his family to ask them.
I am in hot water if I don't find out.😕

Bluesky 1

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 11:41 pm
Dobsearch.com. Just found it.

kiryat sefer

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 12:29 am
Call his wife

vet techy

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 1:48 am
Kiryat sefer thanks but he is not married.

bluesky 1 thanks for the website but there is a fee involved. I think I will just pay the few dollars. It is better than wishing my boss happy birthday on the wrong day.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 2:01 am
Bluesky 1 wrote:
Don't attempt to ask here, people here are not gonna help you, in the past I have asked and no one wanted to help me. I was so upset. And still am.

People here get so hung on the wrong things.

You should be able to get dob if you pay. Don't waste your time here. Btw it is public information so there shouldn't be a problem if your willing to pay

And yet you choose to waste your time here...

yksraya

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 9:50 am
Can you just ask him again when he said his b-day was?

vet techy

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 10:03 am
No because he is way too sensitive about it. He is turning 50 and his family is not making a big deal about it and I should of been listening to him rant about his dysfunctional family but was listening with half an ear because I was trying to prepare for a simcha I was making. He called me at home I wasn't in the office.

studying_torah

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 10:54 am
Not to derail the thread, but this sounds somewhat innapropriate to me. Calling you at home, ranting about his family, you needing to recognize his birthday or you will be in trouble?

zaq

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 11:13 am
vet techy wrote:
No because he is way too sensitive about it. He is turning 50 and his family is not making a big deal about it and I should of been listening to him rant about his dysfunctional family but was listening with half an ear because I was trying to prepare for a simcha I was making. He called me at home I wasn't in the office.

Let me get this straight: You work alone in an office with a single man who discusses his personal business with you and calls you at home to do so. He is expecting you to do something for him for a purely personal occasion because he claims his family won't. And you are afraid that if you don't comply, you will be made to suffer in some way. You are so afraid that you are willing to spend your own money to find out his birthday and carry out his wishes.

All of this is so inappropriate it glows red. Your boss has crossed several boundaries here. Why are you afraid? Do you think he will fire you, hit you, or worse? I do, too.

Get out of there. This is a very unsavory and unsafe situation. Find another job, fast. In fact, if you can afford it, quit now. Something is very very off about your boss.

studying_torah

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 11:20 am
Thank you zaq for being more eloquent in expressing my concerns! This situation is very worrying to me as well

vet techy

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 12:41 pm
He is the nicest boss I ever had.
I only work in the office twice a month and there are more people there when I am there.
The other times I work from home so we speak on the phone a few times a day. Yes he complains about his family but I would rather listen to him than my old boss who would yell at me in front of people for no good reason other than him having a bad day.
He is very sensitive with his birthday so I just want to send him a text to say happy birthday. That's all.

zaq

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 12:48 pm
Are you in denial? He doesn't sound nice at all the way you described him in your OP. And if he's so nice, why do you feel that you will be "in trouble" if you wish him a happy birthday (which I still feel is inappropriately personal) on the wrong day? And why did you say you're the only one in the office besides your boss if there are other people present on the few days you work there?

vet techy

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 1:11 pm
I am his only employee. He has clients coming and going. so there might be a chance we are alone for a bit but not too often. And the door is open. But getting back to my question......
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics