Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Airplanes and 3-4 year olds...

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 2:22 am
What can I bring for a long plane ride for a 3-4 year old? Who absolutely loves running around?
Obviously nothing messy, nothing loud and nothing too big/too many pieces.

Can I bring playdoh? Its a favorite... Or is it a liquid?

What else can I bring besides crayons and markers... only so long that will work. even if I do "new" types like Crayola wonder or the ones where the picture comes out when you use the special "magic" marker...
And snacks do not last that long, although I will be bringing tons...

Any ideas out there?

gibberish

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 2:51 am
We bring lots of books, a magna doodle, snacks, magnetic games, and crayons. We spend time looking out the windows and explaining all that we can about airplanes. I also download movies onto my phone just in case I need it, but bh I did not need it at all during our last flight! Play doh should be fine, it'd not a liquid. Good luck!

myname1

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 4:16 am
I don't think Play Doh is allowed- I know someone whom it got confiscated from before a flight a few years ago. And she was bringing it as a gift for someone there, not planning on using it on the plane. I would ask before planning that. If he can do mazes or dot-to-dots already, maybe some simple activity books would be nice.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 9:36 am
I flew with a few kids recently, nationally and internationally. My youngest was 5.

Crayons, coloring book and stickers were a lifesaver. DD5 was busy for hours. I did buy a book with the magic in (colors appear with special marker) and DD did one page at a time saving it for later. It was a new concept for her.

I also had DD walk up and down the plane. I put kids games that dont need internet on my phone.

Take along you dc's favorite blanket and wipes to clean hands after snacking.

I didnt want my kids snacking for hours. I had small peanut butters and a loaf of bread. Sliced apples, baby carrots, danishes and cookies. Chocolate and Gum were bribes.

queenert

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 12:24 pm
Google toddler airplane/road trip activities and make the ones that your kid will probably like.
Hit the dollar/shekel store and pick up window clings, magic capsules, things with small exciting pieces that you won't mind losing because they're cheap, etc.
If you want things to be really exciting wrap them and give another present every half hour.

Play dough is sometimes a problem, sometimes not. I've heard it's more of an issue for domestic than international. I don't think you can ask, I think it's up to their discretion at security. We never had issues b"H, but get some at the dollar store so it's not a waste.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics