Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Did you see Trump at the Kosel?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Fox

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 4:51 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
PolitiFact rates Trump as MOSTLY FALSE 20% of the time, FALSE 32% of the time, and PANTS ON FIRE 16% of the time, for a total FALSE percent of 68%.

[Obama, FTR comes in at 26%. Meaning that Trump tells the truth just a little more than Obama lies.]

So the juxtaposition of Trump and honesty is amusing.

Trump's mouth definitely gets ahead of his brain at times, but PolitiFact doesn't always compare apples to apples . . .

Running the Data on PolitiFact

moonstone

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:00 pm
For crying out loud, you people can't pass up a chance to slam the president, even on a thread about a lovely note he wrote at YAD VASHEM? I'm disgusted.

youngishbear

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:07 pm
moonstone wrote:
For crying out loud, you people can't pass up a chance to slam the president, even on a thread about a lovely note he wrote at YAD VASHEM? I'm disgusted.

That right there is "fake news", aka alternative facts, aka subjective interpretation.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:09 pm
There is something profoundly likeable about the Bushes.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:17 pm
youngishbear wrote:
That right there is "fake news", aka alternative facts, aka subjective interpretation.

Yeah. It was IMNSHO, truly bizarre. It doesn't mention Jews. Or Israel. Or much of anything, except what a great honor it was to be there with all his friends. And that it was "amazing." Even the "never forget" was an odd note. it was, as one commentator said, "chipper."

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:22 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Yeah. It was IMNSHO, truly bizarre. It doesn't mention Jews. Or Israel. Or much of anything, except what a great honor it was to be there with all his friends. And that it was "amazing." Even the "never forget" was an odd note. it was, as one commentator said, "chipper."

Exactly. Trump's note was all about himself, about what a great honor it was to be there.

Shame on him. Shame on him.

His visit to Yad Vashem is not about his honor.

Somehow Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush, and George W Bush managed to write notes of varying lengths and expressiveness and sophistication/simplicity that were about the Holocaust and Israel and humanity, not about themselves.

wondergirl

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:41 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Exactly. Trump's note was all about himself, about what a great honor it was to be there.

Shame on him. Shame on him.

His visit to Yad Vashem is not about his honor.

Somehow Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush, and George W Bush managed to write notes of varying lengths and expressiveness and sophistication/simplicity that were about the Holocaust and Israel and humanity, not about themselves.

It is a great honor for him (and anyone else) to be there. What would have happened if Hitler would have succeeded with his goal of eliminating the Jews?
Trump saying he is among friends says that he supports Israel/Jews as well. What would happen if the Palestinians succeed with their goal of destroying Israel?
And finally, he said Never Forget as in never forget the holocaust which is appropriate at Vad Hashem as well.
I fail to see why people are making a fuss about what he wrote but then again, this is Trump we are talking about so he cant do or say anything right, at least according to some people Rolling Eyes .

zaq

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 5:59 pm
Obama was known for his eloquence. Trump for his lack thereof. End of story.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 6:04 pm
Fox wrote:
Trump's mouth definitely gets ahead of his brain at times, but PolitiFact doesn't always compare apples to apples . . .

Trump's mouth doesn't get ahead of his brain. He lies. Period.

Now, fact is, so do all politicians. But he does it more often, and more brazenly.

He fired Comey because of Rosenstein. Nah. He didn't. He made that decision before Rosenstein. In fact, it had nothing to do with Rosenstein. It had nothing to do with Russia. Or maybe he fired that "nut job" Comey to ease the pressure from the investigation.

Australian healthcare is great. He didn't mean that. Oh, wait, yes he did.

Funny

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 6:18 pm
wondergirl wrote:
It is a great honor for him (and anyone else) to be there. What would have happened if Hitler would have succeeded with his goal of eliminating the Jews?
Trump saying he is among friends says that he supports Israel/Jews as well. What would happen if the Palestinians succeed with their goal of destroying Israel?
And finally, he said Never Forget as in never forget the holocaust which is appropriate at Vad Hashem as well.
I fail to see why people are making a fuss about what he wrote but then again, this is Trump we are talking about so he cant do or say anything right, at least according to some people Rolling Eyes .

It came to point where everything Trump does and says is the BEST thing any president ever did. When Trump makes a speech, it's considered the BEST speech any president gave, when he writes a note it's the BEST note ever written. It's not a big deal what he wrote, but when people are saying it's the BEST people are just pointing out that previous presidents did just the same, even better.

sarahleah88

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 6:33 pm
He spent 30 minutes at Yad Vashem. 30 minutes!!! For those of us who have been there, can you imagine spending only 30 minutes there? Don't bother to counter that he was "on a tight schedule." He saw NOTHING, he signed his name, he left. He is an embarrassment to us as Jews and as Americans.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 7:35 pm
Funny wrote:
It came to point where everything Trump does and says is the BEST thing any president ever did. When Trump makes a speech, it's considered the BEST speech any president gave, when he writes a note it's the BEST note ever written. It's not a big deal what he wrote, but when people are saying it's the BEST people are just pointing out that previous presidents did just the same, even better.

Huh? Aside from Trump himself, whoever says anything he says or does is the best? The media is slamming him daily. Where do you even hear positive reports, let alone "best" everything?

marina

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 8:16 pm
Fox wrote:

If only you had offered us a neutral source for this...

MiracleMama

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 8:18 pm
marina wrote:
If only you had offered us a neutral source for this...

There is no neutral source for anything political.

zaq

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 8:21 pm
DT himself is the one claiming all the superlatives. When he was campaigning he was the ONLY one who could make America great; any investigation of him is the GREATEST witch hunt ever, anyone who disagrees with him is the BIGGEST moron ever...

Personally I consider him the MOST embarrassing American politician I can remember. That's saying something, considering how many politicians in recent years have made me want to hide my face in shame.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 8:32 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
There is no neutral source for anything political.

The Federalist is somewhere to the right of right, but not quite extreme.

Politifact is rated as "Least Biased" and "Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH"

Source: Media Bias/Fact Check, which states, "Politifact has been called left biased by Extreme right wing and questionable sources. Our research indicates that Poltifact is an accurate fact checker and is considered the gold standard for political fact checking."

Funny

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 8:57 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
Huh? Aside from Trump himself, whoever says anything he says or does is the best? The media is slamming him daily. Where do you even hear positive reports, let alone "best" everything?

Trump supporters. I see and hear it over and over agian. There are plenty of articles and posts praising Trump and how awesome he is. The comments on them say it all. Even here, he wrote a note like all other presidents, but for some reason his note is the best and most sincere. After he gave his first speech, I can't tell you how many people thought it was the best speech ever given by a president. I read both sides, the Trump supporters and Trump haters and this is what the Trump supporters are saying. He can seriously do anything and he'll still have a following making up excuses for him.

moonstone

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 7:06 am
youngishbear wrote:

Wow. I literally couldn't care less about your opinion, but I wonder why you felt the need to be so rude and nasty. Are you this charming in real life, or just to invisible strangers online?

Maya

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 7:34 am
moonstone wrote:
Wow. I literally couldn't care less about your opinion, but I wonder why you felt the need to be so rude and nasty. Are you this charming in real life, or just to invisible strangers online?

Rude and nasty? What are you reading that's different than what I'm reading?

etky

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 7:46 am
The note may be inane but his speech struck the right note at Yad Vashem.
Afterwards, his centerpiece address at the Israel Museum, although vague and short on substance (and he mispronounced the word Sepulchre LOL ), was very warm and emphatically supportive and understanding of Israel.
Overall the visit seems to have gone very well. That in itself is no small achievement.
What happens now is anyone's guess. Nothing seems to be predictable about this President. And words - eloquent or not - are just words.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics