Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Did you see Trump at the Kosel?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 7:57 am
Maya wrote:
Rude and nasty? What are you reading that's different than what I'm reading?

Alternative facts, my dear. The greatest witch hunt in history.

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 7:59 am
moonstone wrote:
Wow. I literally couldn't care less about your opinion, but I wonder why you felt the need to be so rude and nasty. Are you this charming in real life, or just to invisible strangers online?

My post was not nasty. I labeled one word in a quote subjective instead of factual.

I'm starting to think we really do need a safe haven for Trump supporters.

Raisin

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 8:04 am
PinkFridge wrote:
There is something profoundly likeable about the Bushes.

If you like Laura Bush, I recommend the novel American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld.

Raisin

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 8:09 am
I don't think his note at Yad Vashem was offensive, but it does look as if he didn't put much or any thought into it. Considering all the money he spends on foreign trips, speechwriters, staff etc you would think that ONE of these underlings could spend a LITTLE time coming up with some meaningful words to write in the book.

DrMom

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 8:21 am
Trump was the first sitting US President to visit the Kotel.

Too bad some people here are so obsessed with hatred that they can't give credit where credit is due.

WhatFor

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 8:37 am
I was more inspired by the reaction of Israel's ambassador when Trump told them he"just came back from the Middle East." I think it was an "oh no" face cover, gracefully disguised as a hair smoothing. (He's on the right side.)

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 8:50 am
Raisin wrote:
If you like Laura Bush, I recommend the novel American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld.

Yeah, one day I might get around to reading Curtis Sittenfeld, and I know enough to know why you're referring to this book.

She still comes across as likeable. I heard her speak at a dinner and she was great. And thanks to Sen. Franken, whenever I hear her name I smile. I used to listen to Franken on Air America. Pretty boring actually, he was getting really wonky in his preparation for politics, but he could be hilarious. And sometimes he'd play sketches on the air, like the Republican actress who couldn't act her way out of a paper bag but was convinced she was being discriminated against because of her views. And, germane to this discussion, a Laura Bush library dedication that was surprisingly blue (due to selective bleeping of words throughout the speech).

And I recently heard the president talk about his new book, portraits of service people. Really, any time I've heard him interviewed over the years he comes off very well.

moonstone

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:25 am
youngishbear wrote:
My post was not nasty. I labeled one word in a quote subjective instead of factual.

I'm starting to think we really do need a safe haven for Trump supporters.

You know da*n well your post was nasty. Don't give me that nonsense that you were innocently commenting on my semantics. It was my opinion, not something I touted as fact that you needed to label for the good of mankind. That's ridiculous. You saw something nice written about the president and pounced. Couldn't miss an opportunity to get in your thousandth jab against Trump. You were nasty by going straight for the tired and overused anti-Trump phrases "fake news" and "alternative facts", and then you threw in the watered-down insult "subjective interpretation" at the end.

At least own your rudeness instead of hiding behind an absurd rationalization.

I think we need a safe haven FROM Trump bashers. You're all so tedious and repetitive.

wondergirl

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 10:03 am
Funny wrote:
Trump supporters. I see and hear it over and over agian. There are plenty of articles and posts praising Trump and how awesome he is. The comments on them say it all. Even here, he wrote a note like all other presidents, but for some reason his note is the best and most sincere. After he gave his first speech, I can't tell you how many people thought it was the best speech ever given by a president. I read both sides, the Trump supporters and Trump haters and this is what the Trump supporters are saying. He can seriously do anything and he'll still have a following making up excuses for him.

I dont know if he is the best or if his speech is the best or anything of that sort but isn't what you are saying true of every single president and/or politician? Obama, Clinton, Bernie, etc all claim to be the best and have their supporters who will defend them til death do them part no matter what they do or say as well. Why should it be any different with Trump?

I also want to point out something else in regards Trump. The media went crazy when Melania pushed his hand away when they were in Israel but do you think that she would have done it if she were scared of him? In other words, if he is really the narc that the media portrays him to be then Melania would have been too scared to do something like that to him in public. The fact that she was not afraid of him shows that he is not a narc.
The note he wrote at Vad Hashem further shows that he is not a narc. He wrote that it is an honor to be there which is a sign of humility and respect. I havent compared it to what anyone else wrote but I fail to see the problem with it. Why is the media making a fuss about this?

I also want to say that there are many people in America that want to see this country destroyed. They want open borders, everyone on welfare (and/or drugs), etc. Trump is trying to stop this which is a main reason why he is being vilified by the media and the left. Do you think that America has the right to protect itself from people who want to see it destroyed or do you agree that we should have open borders, welfare for everyone, etc? Why or why not?

wondergirl

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 10:08 am
sarahleah88 wrote:
He spent 30 minutes at Yad Vashem. 30 minutes!!! For those of us who have been there, can you imagine spending only 30 minutes there? Don't bother to counter that he was "on a tight schedule." He saw NOTHING, he signed his name, he left. He is an embarrassment to us as Jews and as Americans.

I dont think that he makes his itinerary on his own so if you have a complaint about the amount of time he spent in a certain location you should prob take it up with the people who plan the itinerary. Either way, at least we have an explanation as to why his note was short, he didnt spend too much time there and did not have a chance to see all of the museum. Perhaps he can do that on the next trip and then he will be moved enough to write a lengthier note to satisfy all of his critics if that is even possible Rolling Eyes .

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 10:16 am
wondergirl wrote:

I also want to say that there are many people in America that want to see this country destroyed. They want open borders, everyone on welfare (and/or drugs), etc. Trump is trying to stop this which is a main reason why he is being vilified by the media and the left. Do you think that America has the right to protect itself from people who want to see it destroyed or do you agree that we should have open borders, welfare for everyone, etc? Why or why not?

Please identify the people whom you believe want (1) open borders; (2) everyone in the United States to receive welfare; and (3) everyone to be on "drugs."

You keep creating these strawmen liberals, whom the Great Savior Trump is going to protect us against. They support suicide bombers! They want open borders! They want us all shooting up on heroin!

If you can identify them, I'll respond. Until then, they are and remain a figment of your imagination.

Maya

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 10:22 am
moonstone wrote:
You know da*n well your post was nasty. Don't give me that nonsense that you were innocently commenting on my semantics. It was my opinion, not something I touted as fact that you needed to label for the good of mankind. That's ridiculous. You saw something nice written about the president and pounced. Couldn't miss an opportunity to get in your thousandth jab against Trump. You were nasty by going straight for the tired and overused anti-Trump phrases "fake news" and "alternative facts", and then you threw in the watered-down insult "subjective interpretation" at the end.

I think we need a safe haven FROM Trump bashers. You're all so tedious and repetitive.

You're seriously overreacting. There was nothing rude or nasty about her post.

wondergirl

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 10:33 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Please identify the people whom you believe want (1) open borders; (2) everyone in the United States to receive welfare; and (3) everyone to be on "drugs."

You keep creating these strawmen liberals, whom the Great Savior Trump is going to protect us against. They support suicide bombers! They want open borders! They want us all shooting up on heroin!

If you can identify them, I'll respond. Until then, they are and remain a figment of your imagination.

This is an ad hominem attack but whatever. Sanctuary cities protecting illegal aliens over American citizens, the fight against a travel ban, the fight against building the wall, etc. are all part of this open borders, destroying America deal. Allowing illegal aliens and/or their families to receive govt benefits, in state tuition, free tuition, etc while raising taxes for American citizens to support it is all part of it. Creating laws to protect illegal aliens and to remove or lessen their criminal charges and/or not allowing landlords to call authorities on their illegal tenants in an effort to protect illegal aliens from being deported is part of this as well. There is an movement to legalize marijuana (already legal in some states) which is considered a drug last I checked. But you will just disagree with everything I say simply for the sake of disagreeing so no need to argue about this any longer.

moonstone

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 10:50 am
Maya wrote:
You're seriously overreacting. There was nothing rude or nasty about her post.

And you're seriously annoying. Did I ask for your opinion?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 10:51 am
wondergirl wrote:
This is an ad hominem attack but whatever. Sanctuary cities protecting illegal aliens over American citizens, the fight against a travel ban, the fight against building the wall, etc. are all part of this open borders, destroying America deal. Allowing illegal aliens and/or their families to receive govt benefits, in state tuition, free tuition, etc while raising taxes for American citizens to support it is all part of it. Creating laws to protect illegal aliens and to remove or lessen their criminal charges and/or not allowing landlords to call authorities on their illegal tenants in an effort to protect illegal aliens from being deported is part of this as well. There is an movement to legalize marijuana (already legal in some states) which is considered a drug last I checked. But you will just disagree with everything I say simply for the sake of disagreeing so no need to argue about this any longer.

Non-responsive. You stated, "They want open borders, everyone on welfare (and/or drugs), etc. " I want to know who those people are who want "open borders" (which is different from how we treat people who are already IN the US. Who want "everyone [to be] on welfare." (And of course you know that undocumented aliens are not eligible for welfare.) And who want "everyone ... on drugs."

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 10:59 am
moonstone wrote:

Wow. Just wow.

Please work through your anger because this is ridiculous.

P.S. Alternative facts and fake news are pro-Trump phrases. Again, just semantics.

Maya

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 11:02 am
moonstone wrote:

That's the fun part about this site. I can offer my opinions even if no one asks for it.

wondergirl

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 11:05 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Non-responsive. You stated, "They want open borders, everyone on welfare (and/or drugs), etc. " I want to know who those people are who want "open borders" (which is different from how we treat people who are already IN the US. Who want "everyone [to be] on welfare." (And of course you know that undocumented aliens are not eligible for welfare.) And who want "everyone ... on drugs."

The Liberal Left chanting at protests-- “No borders. No nations. **** deportations!” but it seems like you are not aware of what is going on in America. Or you are in denial about it. Either way, why are illegal aliens above the law?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01.....ders/

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 11:06 am
moonstone wrote:

You know, it's easy to reply with "and did anyone ask you for yours?"

But THAT would be nasty. You need to calm down and allow people to disagree with you. I'm not going to engage in conversations that turn into personal attacks.

treestump

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 11:11 am
moonstone wrote:

This is an open discussion on an open forum.

I'm sorry you got triggered by something here. But don't be as nasty and rude as you claim other posters are.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics