Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
My frum kids are in public school!
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 4:26 am
amother wrote:
Nope I can't fund her tuition but I want to bring awareness to a Very Sad reality!!
There is more assimilated Jews than jews killed in the holocaust.
We have to try as best as we can to save Jewish Neshamot.

Do you really think, that as frum Jews, we don't know this already?

What is the point of your post, if not to shame OP and embarrass her? She's doing the best she can!

If you are so sincere and committed, then take it up with the Jewish schools that are failing our kids who have learning issues. Mad

ChanahR

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 7:03 am
I already understand this and it scares the heck out of me. My response to this Rabbi would be, that if we are so concerned about assimilation and intermarriage, why do we so easily reject Jewish children in the Jewish education system?

amother wrote:
Must watch!!
https://youtu.be/93mToRUHM7U

What’s the current situation of intermarriage & assimilation amongst the Jewish People today?
Rabbi Yehudah Silver in an alarming clip, concerning the impact of assimilation on the future of the Jewish Nation.

wondergirl

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 7:13 am
amother wrote:
Nope I can't fund her tuition but I want to bring awareness to a Very Sad reality!!
There is more assimilated Jews than jews killed in the holocaust.
We have to try as best as we can to save Jewish Neshamot.

We have a very high amount of OTD kids/adults who attended frum schools/yeshivas so who is to say that being in a religious school would save a Jewish Neshama from assimilating?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 7:38 am
While people paint rosy pictures of public schools, that's not always the case. We have quite a few friends (religious and otherwise) who sent kids to public schools. My husband and I both attended public schools (although he only attended for a couple of years). Some random thoughts:

(1) It takes a strong child to resist eating the foods that the other children eat, particularly at parties and other celebrations. Not every child is strong.

(2) It clearly depends on the public and private school, but as a general statement, its absurd to think that public schools have more resources. Our day school had 20 kids with 1 teacher and 1 assistant, plus a grade-wide resource room and enrichment teacher. NYC public schools have 32 kids to 1 teacher. Assuming the school isn't overcrowded.

(3) Public schools are forced to live and die by The Test, and have standardized teaching methods. Day schools can be more individualized.

(4) Your child will always be "different" in public school. Because he's not going to play Little League on Saturday afternoon, or attend his best friend's ice skating party on Friday night. She's not even staying at her friend's for dinner. And come high school, when so many activities are on Friday night, she's not participating.

(5) While public schools have strong rules and claim to be strong on bullying, that's not our experience. My friend's son was bullied and forced to swallow pennies in kindergarten.

(6) And high school is worse. Another friend's son didn't attend a specialized high school, but was in a highly respected G&T program. He was ostracized for refusing to participate in a ritual that involved having z3x with 3 girls also in the program. And if its a school that holds stock in football, well, games are always Saturday afternoon.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 5:49 am
Sorry... Reading this post and having my own solution-less situation makes me feel hysterical. I really feel that we have reached the end people... I don't live in America... but I feel that worldwide Jewish schools are failing this generation even more so... Bullying is out of control where I am and really the best most beautiful neshamos suffer so deeply. Politics are more important to school administrators than children.. for the most part...

Solution???

Public school is a complete surrender and I can't do it!! I would rather we all stay home or live in a tent, then to send my children to be in school with g-im. I feel like we are surrounded by walls on all sides. I am sorry. I know I am not being positive or helpful... I am just feeling deep searing pain at the reality I see. Ad mosai...?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling