Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
"SCD" cheesecake?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:35 am
Technically not true SCD diet, but close enough:
I am allowed to use farmers cheese or plain yogurt, but no other dairy (eg milk, butter, cream cheese, sour cream etc.)
No gluten or refined sugar - maple syrup and honey okay. A small amount of very bitter quality chocolate is okay as well.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't need gorgeous or fancy, just want to feel the chag a bit, even while being on restrictive diet.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:39 am
amother wrote:
Technically not true paleo diet, but close enough:
I am allowed to use farmers cheese or plain yogurt, but no other dairy (eg milk, butter, cream cheese, sour cream etc.)
No gluten or refined sugar - maple syrup and honey okay. A small amount of very bitter quality chocolate is okay as well.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't need gorgeous or fancy, just want to feel the chag a bit, even while being on restrictive diet.

I have a really good recipe made with farmers cheese, yogurt and honey. Remind me tomorrow to dig it up and post.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:25 pm
Cheesecake

2 cups farmer's cheese
1/2 cup yogurt
3 eggs
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-2 tsp grated lemon rind

Cream the farmer cheese and yogurt in a blender or food processor for 4 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Add eggs, honey, vanilla and lemon rind. Blend until smooth, stopping if necessary every 15 seconds to push ingredients down. Scrape the sides of the container at the same time with a spatula.
Pour into a cooled crust or into an oiled or buttered loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Then turn off oven and leave the door slightly open until the cheesecake reaches room temperature, Refrigerate overnight.

The secret to this creamy cheesecake is under-baking and cooling down ever so slowly with oven still hot and only slightly adjar. Lemon is essential to balance the honey taste.

Crust

11/4 cups almond flour
dash cinnamon
3 Tbsp butter or equivalent
1 tsp honey or to taste

Combine all ingredients together using your fingers. Press evenly into the bottom or your pan/s. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely before filling.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 1:41 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Cheesecake

2 cups farmer's cheese
1/2 cup yogurt
3 eggs
1/3 cup honey

Cream the farmer cheese and yogurt in a blender or food processor for 4 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Add eggs, honey, vanilla and lemon rind. Blend until smooth, stopping if necessary every 15 seconds to push ingredients down. Scrape the sides of the container at the same time with a spatula.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Then turn off oven and leave the door slightly open until the cheesecake reaches room temperature, Refrigerate overnight.

The secret to this creamy cheesecake is under-baking and cooling down ever so slowly with oven still hot and only slightly adjar. Lemon is essential to balance the honey taste.

Crust

11/4 cups almond flour
dash cinnamon
1 tsp honey or to taste

Combine all ingredients together using your fingers. Press evenly into the bottom or your pan/s. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely before filling.

(Not op) sounds great! Thanks!

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 8:02 am
Thank you! This sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it!!

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:43 pm
Pulling up this old thread...
Do I use greek yogurt or regular?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 10:02 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
Pulling up this old thread...
Do I use greek yogurt or regular?

Homemade SCD legal yogurt.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 10:18 pm
thanks. This one sounds deli.

The full n free cookbook has one. Finished it yesterday. Hope it'll taste as good as its looks.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 9:03 am
ra_mom wrote:
Cheesecake

2 cups farmer's cheese
1/2 cup yogurt
3 eggs
1/3 cup honey

Crust

11/4 cups almond flour
dash cinnamon
1 tsp honey or to taste

Do you think this crust recipe could work using finely ground sourdough bread crumbs instead of almond flour? For someone strictly scd+sourdough bread but I'm allergic to nuts to so I'm wondering if this would work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking