Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
ISO Cheddar in/near Efrat

amother
Lime

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 11:49 am
I tried the supermarket in Dekel yesterday and didn't see any. Rabbanut hechsher is fine. Has anyone seen at the supermarket in Te'ena or at Rami Levi? New to the area- is there another store I should know about that's worth trying?

etky

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 3:41 pm
I got some at RL yesterday. Not in its usual place near the butter but in a different case near the frozen meats section. They've been shifting things around for shavuot.

etky

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 3:44 pm
It's imported from England and has Kedassia hechsher with authorization from the Rabbanut.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 3:45 pm
Thanks! Dh went out once kids were in bed and remembered the Shufersal behind RL- he said it was practically empty but they had a good selection.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 3:48 pm
Right- I remembered it has a British hechsher besides but not which one. Good to remember in case of visitors who require something beyond Rabbanut hechsher.

etky

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 4:01 pm
Odd that the Dekel didn't have it - I always see it there.
Maybe there was a run on it.
RL usually has both the lighter and darker colored ones but yesterday they only had the light one. I really wanted the deeper orange one because it looks more like 'proper cheddar' but I don't think there is much difference in taste, if any.
Glad you found some at Shufersal.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, May 25 2017, 4:07 pm
I was very surprised about Dekel- they had a better selection of American products than I can recall seeing anywhere else, and we moved from somewhere with a sizeable Anglo population. I thought maybe it's because Americans are such a high percentage of the Anglos here, fewer Commonwealth but a run makes more sense.

hila

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 1:33 am
Welcome to Efrat. Maybe we should have our own forum here ?
And the wine store in Kfar Etsion has some good cheese. (or so dh says. we did not yet buy from there)

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 3:07 am
Sounds good! It's exciting to see how much the area has grown since I used to visit teachers here when I was in seminary over ten years ago. Smile

hila

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 3:11 am
Amother Lime - pm me and I can invite you over. We are in Dekel

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 7:24 am
hila wrote:
Amother Lime - pm me and I can invite you over. We are in Dekel

Thank you- that's very kind of you! We're a fair hike from Dekel, though, and I'd rather keep my screen name anonymous for now.

hila

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 7:37 am
No problem
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen