Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Grill pan. tell me all about it

Bluesky 1

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:09 pm
ive been hearing so much. I want to hear from you ladies your opinions before I add more to my overloaded kitchen cabinets.

tichellady

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:18 pm
If you have a BBQ then you don't need a grill pan imo

I like using the grill pan for making boneless chicken breast. I don't find it that great for other types of chicken and while I love grilled salmon I usually just roast it. So if you make a lot of boneless chicken breasts it could be worth it

Bluesky 1

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:21 pm
I do not have a bbq. I do fry too much. I do use alot of cutlets. what else is it good for? anyone wants to chime in?

Lita

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:41 pm
It's excellent for Delmonico steak.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:52 pm
It's great for rib steak, and chicken cutlets. But I don't really see the big deal about it. It doesn't come close to a real grill.

lucky14

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:56 pm
I've been considering getting one of these for a while now.
Can you make hot dogs and hamburgers on one?
Also are all grill pans the same? Anyone have a specific pan or brand to recommend?

seeker

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 6:15 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
It's great for rib steak, and chicken cutlets. But I don't really see the big deal about it. It doesn't come close to a real grill.

The big deal is for those of us who don't have space or budget for a real grill. A grill pan can slide pretty much flat into one's existing space, and other than that requires only the regular stovetop to use. For people like me, it's awesome!

I use it for chicken cutlets and burgers. There are probably other things you could use it for but that's about the extent of my menu. I have it out on average once a week. I've also made grilled veggies on it and they came out pretty good!

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 6:23 pm
They're like nonstick pans. Great but don't last long.
If you want a good inexpensive one the one from Ikea is a good choice. It also has a foldable handle so it's easier to store.
Cheaper at Ikea. But convenient from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch

Amarante

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 7:29 pm
They are good for indoor grilling. Steak, fish, burgers.

The best ones are cast iron because they heat up and retain heat very well. There are plain cast iron and those with enamel exterior like Le Creuset

If you think you do a lot of plain grilling of protein, it makes sense. It really depends on what kinds of foods you prepare. Also, there are size limitations since they cook less than a roasting pan or a large braising pan does.

Bluesky 1

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 7:53 pm
It obviously doesn't taste like real grill. I guess you need a sauce when you use it? Or juststraight on pan? I'm trying to get the difference between a grill pan and a regular pan? And a George Forman.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 7:54 pm
Bluesky 1 wrote:
It obviously doesn't taste like real grill. I guess you need a sauce when you use it? Or juststraight on pan? I'm trying to get the difference between a grill pan and a regular pan? And a George Forman.

Tastes and looks much more grill like than a george foreman does.

Bluesky 1

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 7:58 pm
Do I have to use a sauce? Or just put the food on and fire?

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:00 pm
Bluesky 1 wrote:
Do I have to use a sauce? Or just put the food on and fire?

No. Sauce burns, just like on a grill. Use a marinade or spice rub or just seasoning.

Bluesky 1

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:06 pm
Thanks so muc!

seeker

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 9:22 pm
I think it's pretty comparable to a George Forman, except that you use it on the stovetop instead of needing a whole extra piece of equipment cluttering your kitchen. I'm not 100% sure though because it's been a long time since I was up close and personal with a George Forman grill.

You can put the food straight on if you want, mine is non-stick so it said you need to grease it first because it could damage the coating if you heat it dry. But I don't put any sauce on my burgers. I usually marinate my chicken cutlets.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars