Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Where to buy fancy tichels in Jerusalem

sweetpotato

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 9:42 am
I'm not sure whether to post here or on an Israel forum... can anyone recommend some shops where I can buy very elegant/special occasion-type tichels and headcoverings in Jerusalem? Any other good recommendations on where to buy everyday tichels would be appreciated too.

water_bear88

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 10:24 am
The great thing about tichels in Israel is there's a big price range and something for every budget. I haven't bought a special-occasion tichel but I've found nice Shabbosdik ones in Cameleon and seen in a couple of other stores on the same stretch of King George. They may carry weekday ones too, but my favorites came from stores on Agrippas and in the shuk.

Sadie

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 11:55 am
I like Cameleon and Bat Ayin, both have stores on King George.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 12:31 pm
If you don't mind going to an Arab owned shop, there are some gorgeous tichels in the shuk in the Old City.

If you want a Jewish shop, the stores all up and down Meah Sharim have tons of them, but they'll cost a drop more.

morningsickness

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 1:49 pm
For fancy tichels check out "chamsa ve'kesef" in the malls or in Tachana Merkazit in Jerusalem

queenert

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 2:00 pm
Not sure if this is the one morningsickness is talking about, but there's one on the outside of Tachana Merkazit that's AMAZING! (If you're facing TM, it's a few stores down on the left from the main enterance. Next to a toy store, or maybe a suitcase store?)
They have everything you can possibly think of to cover your head. Basic everyday scarves, fancy scarves, precut triangles with appliques and lace and beading, every fabric you can imagine...they have tons and tons of options to suit every style.
And their prices are great!

Also, Bandana on King George is very popular but I personally don't love the store. But it's worth a shot if you want to check out the other stores on King George (those mentioned are higher price range...).

Marion

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 3:25 pm
One of the hat stores on King George (I think Rut v'Naomi but not 100% sure) carries the "Hadas" line of tichels. Website is www.hadas.co.il if you want to look before you buy. Also check out http://mitpachat.com/en/ for options from other designers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels