Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
What to serve with meringue nests

bigbird

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 11:35 am
I was thinking of putting in whipped cream/mousse and fruit but can I do this before yom tov and keep in the fridge or will meringue go soggy? If I do it on the spot, how do I put the cream in? Can I use a piping bag on yom tov? Any other ideas?

jewwoman

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 12:06 pm
bigbird wrote:
I was thinking of putting in whipped cream/mousse and fruit but can I do this before yom tov and keep in the fridge or will meringue go soggy? If I do it on the spot, how do I put the cream in? Can I use a piping bag on yom tov? Any other ideas?

It will go soggy. Cant remember if u can use a piping bag on yomtov. AYLOR. On the spot use an ice cream scoop for mousse. Make sure its properly set. Or alternatively use disposable dessert cups u can fill them before y t and sit them inside the meringue nests. Add fruit before serving to make it look pretty.

water_bear88

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 12:13 pm
You can plop whipped cream with a spoon. It'll separate though, unless you stabilize it- there's a method using cornstarch and maybe sugar; you can Google it.

tichellady

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 12:15 pm
Why couldn't you use a piping bag on yomtov? Or just buy whipped cream in a bottle and use that right before you serve it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics