Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Fleishig after milchigs on Shvuos

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 3:38 pm
So if some dishes that I make for milchigs have parmesan cheese, do we have to wait 6 hours for fleishig? For those people eating a milchig kiddush or meal, then a fleishig meal, do you make sure you have not eaten any parmesan cheese in order to wait 1 hour not 6? Feeling confused...................

yksraya

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 3:42 pm
We do not make a milchig meal before the meat meal, we make a milchig kidush, mainly with cheese cake and danishes etc, those stuff use farmer cheese, cream cheese etc and the wait after it is 30 min.

cnc

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 3:43 pm
We don't eat any hard cheese. Just a kiddish and wait thirty minutes. (My family actually doesn't wait- my husband's family waits .)

egam

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 3:46 pm
amother wrote:
So if some dishes that I make for milchigs have parmesan cheese, do we have to wait 6 hours for fleishig? For those people eating a milchig kiddush or meal, then a fleishig meal, do you make sure you have not eaten any parmesan cheese in order to wait 1 hour not 6? Feeling confused...................

Yes. If you want to have meat after you should refrain from Parmesan.
I did hear an opinion that if it's melted, you don't have to, but we don't follow it and you'll have to ask your Rav.

yksraya

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 4:04 pm
cnc wrote:
We don't eat any hard cheese. Just a kiddish and wait thirty minutes. (My family actually doesn't wait- my husband's family waits .)

Doesn't wait as in no break between I guess.

By the time you wash and eat challah and fish, the 30 min is long over.

cnc

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 4:07 pm
yksraya wrote:
Doesn't wait as in no break between I guess.

By the time you wash and eat challah and fish, the 30 min is long over.

No. As in hold that you can eat fleishig 5 minutes after milchig. They just rinse their mouths . They don't eat a milchig kiddish on shavous so this specific scenario is not applicable.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 6:33 pm
No parm cheese at the kiddush.
We also don't wait between dairy and meat ad long as we take a drink and wash up or rinse our mouths after the dairy. There are different opinions on this.
We used to make a kiddush but once we started making our own meals we just serve dairy all the way through for the first day meal (or pareve with some dairy when we had a dairy intolerance in the family).

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 7:22 pm
I was told by someone in kashrus that almost no cheese is really 'hard' cheese anymore.
So you can ask to be sure.

agreer

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:

Yes.

We either avoid parmesan or wait the 6 hrs in between.

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 6:28 am
We never do 6. It's 3 for meat, and rinsing/drinking after dairy. But growing up it was 6 after meat, half an hour after dairy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen