Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Toms River
1  2  Next

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 10:49 am
Everyone I know seems to know someone who moved to Toms River and got a gorgeous house and property. We are looking to leave Brooklyn and Toms River looks very appealing yet I dont personally know anyone there. We are a more yeshivish family. Our kids our in Chaim Berlin and Bnos Yisroel in Brooklyn. Is there a yeshivish crowd there or just a more Flatbushy crowd and chassidish? I am simple and my kids dress in Childrens Place and Old Navy not brand name. Is there busing to Lakewood schools? If not what do people do? Is there any Cholev Yisroel in local supermarkets or is all food shopping done in Lakewood?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 11:08 am
There are many different neighborhoods now and new ones are cropping up. Toms river is lakewood shopping and schooling so u can def get c"y. You can get beautiful housing for 500-600 range. You sound like a good fit- toms river is mostly ppl
From lakewood.

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 11:09 am
There are definitely more yeshivish people there. Look into the Tallymawr development (houses average around 600k) which has a nice yeshivish crowd, and the Walden Woods development (smaller houses, average 475k). Some schools have bussing to Toms River, and some don't. It really depends on the school. If there is no bussing, people carpool, or drive kids to the nearest bus stop in Lakewood. Both Tallymawr and Walden Woods are not too far from Lakewood (1/2 to 1 mile). There aren't any local supermarkets (AFAIK) and people shop in Lakewood, which, again, isn't too far.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 11:16 am
I don't know that I would consider Tallymawr yeshivish. We looked into it and didn't think it was our type of crowd - we are yeshivish.
Also keep in mind many of these areas do not have a rav local - and when they do 'hire' one it may not be 'your type'

Walden woods may go more 'yeshivish' - but it is a little early to know. Most of the families are VERY young. If you have older kids they may not have friends. Local realtors have lists of families signed contracts and ages of kids.

Housing has gone up in those develpments. The cheaper homes in Walden Woods don't have basements so living space is much smaller.

IF you are moving to Toms River you are really moving to Lakewood, only your home is in Toms River - all shopping is in Lakewood - it is 2 seconds away. All schools are Lakewood schools.

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 11:23 am
amother wrote:
I don't know that I would consider Tallymawr yeshivish. We looked into it and didn't think it was our type of crowd - we are yeshivish.
Also keep in mind many of these areas do not have a rav local - and when they do 'hire' one it may not be 'your type'

Walden woods may go more 'yeshivish' - but it is a little early to know. Most of the families are VERY young. If you have older kids they may not have friends. Local realtors have lists of families signed contracts and ages of kids.

Housing has gone up in those develpments. The cheaper homes in Walden Woods don't have basements so living space is much smaller.

IF you are moving to Toms River you are really moving to Lakewood, only your home is in Toms River - all shopping is in Lakewood - it is 2 seconds away. All schools are Lakewood schools.

You may be right. I'm judging by the three families I know who live in Tallymawr.

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 11:34 am
You might do better in Jackson. In some areas the crowd is more yeshivish there.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 11:38 am
How old is your oldest? They will also need friends. Some areas are very young.

Brookwood in Jackson near the Jackson co-op is a nice young yeshivish area - but families are on the younger end. Houses aren't as big and grand as Toms River - and are also cheaper.

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 11:42 am
amother wrote:
How old is your oldest? They will also need friends. Some areas are very young.

Brookwood in Jackson near the Jackson co-op is a nice young yeshivish area - but families are on the younger end. Houses aren't as big and grand as Toms River - and are also cheaper.

I am 30, my husband is 31 and my oldest kid is 4.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
I am 30, my husband is 31 and my oldest kid is 4.

So most of the newer areas would be great for you. Lots of families in Brookwood are that age category. Houses may be smaller then you are looking for though.

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 1:50 pm
amother wrote:
So most of the newer areas would be great for you. Lots of families in Brookwood are that age category. Houses may be smaller then you are looking for though.

I dont need a huge mansion. I am looking for a bedroom house at least 2000sqft and would love a pool in the back. Would brookwood have a house for me?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 1:59 pm
I know this has been said 1000 times
My children are grown up so I don't have personal experience

BUT MAKE SURE YOUR CHILDREN HAVE A SCHOOL TO GO TO BEFORE MOVING...

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 2:02 pm
amother wrote:
I dont need a huge mansion. I am looking for a bedroom house at least 2000sqft and would love a pool in the back. Would brookwood have a house for me?

Probably not in Brookwood.
Call a realtor - they should be able to help you will areas and homes and types. But double check their info. I found sometimes they would push an area that really wasn't appropriate for us.

If buying a home in a neighborhood with pools make sure to ask your realtor if you can see other pools from your porch or home - if it would bother you to see neighbors swimming (based on how you describe yourself I"m assuming it would).

We found when looking at homes in many neighborhoods with pools you could see 1 - 3 pools and swimmers clearly from the back porch and windows.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 2:19 pm
amother wrote:
Probably not in Brookwood.
Call a realtor - they should be able to help you will areas and homes and types. But double check their info. I found sometimes they would push an area that really wasn't appropriate for us.

If buying a home in a neighborhood with pools make sure to ask your realtor if you can see other pools from your porch or home - if it would bother you to see neighbors swimming (based on how you describe yourself I"m assuming it would).

We found when looking at homes in many neighborhoods with pools you could see 1 - 3 pools and swimmers clearly from the back porch and windows.

There's a new invention called a fence..

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 2:30 pm
amother wrote:

Neighbors can still see in from their second floor windows very easily.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 3:05 pm
amother wrote:

fences don't help for a lot of the high decks these homes have. And windows on second floor or even some windows in kitchens.
Homes I looked at with fences and bushes and landscaping the view was very clear.
Some people don't care - some do.

I have a 6ft privacy fence and can see into 4 neighbors yards clearly from my porch.
Its very difficult to get a permit for a higher fence, especially in Toms River and Jackson.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 4:39 pm
amother wrote:
Everyone I know seems to know someone who moved to Toms River and got a gorgeous house and property. We are looking to leave Brooklyn and Toms River looks very appealing yet I dont personally know anyone there. We are a more yeshivish family. Our kids our in Chaim Berlin and Bnos Yisroel in Brooklyn. Is there a yeshivish crowd there or just a more Flatbushy crowd and chassidish? I am simple and my kids dress in Childrens Place and Old Navy not brand name. Is there busing to Lakewood schools? If not what do people do? Is there any Cholev Yisroel in local supermarkets or is all food shopping done in Lakewood?

Hi we're a family from Brooklyn moving to Tallymawr I'm happy to give you more details about the areas etc and help with the transition - is there a way for you to PM me or an email to reach you at ?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 4:57 pm
If your Chaim Berlin then you are Flatbush. Why don't u think you fit in? I do think it for you.

The pool situation is very not good. People don't realize what's going on. Many people don't realize you can look in if you don't have a proper fence high enough for others to look in. It also depends where on your property it's on you should definitely check it out to see if you can do something. If not then you won't use it. Or make a high enough fence.

Please find a school before you do anything. Many peop,e are having issues with it and can't move because of it.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, May 30 2017, 5:10 pm
amother wrote:
If your Chaim Berlin then you are Flatbush. Why don't u think you fit in? I do think it for you.

The pool situation is very not good. People don't realize what's going on. Many people don't realize you can look in if you don't have a proper fence high enough for others to look in. It also depends where on your property it's on you should definitely check it out to see if you can do something. If not then you won't use it. Or make a high enough fence.

Please find a school before you do anything. Many peop,e are having issues with it and can't move because of it.

If her kids are pre primary age she is fine the vaad will place them the issue is when u move and kids are older

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Oct 28 2017, 11:21 pm
Op, did you move??

jacksonnj

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 2:16 pm
Were did u end up movi g to
We send our boys to cham berlin
But are also looking
We saw something in the whitesville
Neihborhood
Also known as the landings
Anybody have any info??
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating