Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Front loader
Previous  1  2

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 9:08 pm
Thank you Hashem Yaazor and pumpkin. Towne told me to expect the need for repairs on the Whirlpool 5-6 years after purchase.

I waited hours for a return phone call from AJ but it didn't happen today. I want to hear their comparison of the two models.
Reviews online seemed to indicate that the Electrolux cleans better. I don't know what repair service is like for the Electrolux.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 9:21 pm
My Electrolux has (had?) a quick wash setting which was seriously 18 minutes long and we did use it in emergencies. When I tried a couple Whirlpool's quick setting, it always took way longer, and the display wasn't necessarily accurate regarding how much time it would take, it kept on increasing time as it went on...

(We didn't throw out our front loader, our house had come with an old style agitator top loader that we swapped it for, and I'm wondering what would happen if we tried plugging it in now after it's dried out for a year. I really miss it...I can't reach the bottom of the top loader!)

Pickle1

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 9:25 pm
mechanically - all the frontloaders nowadays have the same likelihood to break its pretty much mazel. obv u can overstuff and cause issues. (sorry to break the bad news, I work in an appliance repair place for 10+yrs and we fix all of them!) - these machines are made for nonjewish families who do 2 loads a week! we use these machines in 2-3 yrs what its meant to be used in a 10 yr lifespan. - bottom line is whatever brand u go with - make sure u buy a warranty!!! and a reputable warranty - there are many fraud warranty companies out there that when it comes down to needing a repair they find 100 excuses not to cover it. what I can tell u with companies is that the bosch,ge, whirlpool/maytag customer service department sure beats electrolux/frig, samsung, lg. so if s/t goes wrong after 1 yr warranty is up...u will get stuck with lousy/no service if u don't buy a warranty.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 12:39 am
My husband spoke to an appliance repairman who told him that the Electrolux is a better machine. So that's what I will buy, along with an extended warranty. Thank you so much for all your help and tips. BH we have for whom to wash and what to wash!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry