Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Where is the cheapest elementary/middle school yeshivas?

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 11:40 am
We live in NYC and this year we paid for one child $13,000 a year for the yeshiva. One day, we'll need to move to a bigger apartment, but I can't see that happening while we're paying so much tuition. Where exactly is it the least for yeshiva tuitions?? I'm not looking to move so far away, but NJ is something I was thinking about. Is it true that if we move OOT yeshiva tuitions are higher?? or did I get it wrong? I know that if we move OOT, apartments/houses would be cheaper, but then we'd still have the problem with the tuition. So what do people do? It's also very hard for me to find out the prices of tuitions around NY & NJ so if anyone could help me with that. Thanks.

doctorima

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 11:43 am
It really depends on what type of yeshiva you're looking for. In Brooklyn the more right-wing yeshivos are substantially less than $13K even for full tuition, but if you're looking for a more MO education, that's actually pretty cheap. In Lakewood full tuition can be as low as 5-6K, but that has to be the type of education you're looking for, and even then, good luck getting in.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 11:45 am
I am OOT my son's school (Yeshivish) is approx $13k. The more modern schools go up from there.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 12:03 pm
ISRAEL! Very Happy

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 12:05 pm
Lakewood is tops 7k

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 12:27 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
ISRAEL! Very Happy

I agree with you about Israel. I'd go back there in a heartbeat, but my husband's having second thoughts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics