Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Pool in Brooklyn with Women's hours?

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Jun 03 2017, 9:37 pm
Looking for pool in Brooklyn or Manhattan with women's hours where I can go as a guest without paying a yearly membership. Please let me know what's out there... Much appreciated!

ILOVELIFE

Post Sat, Jun 03 2017, 9:47 pm
I saw an ad in Zman for poll4u.com or something like that. It was calling itself airbnb for pools. Might b something to look at

kb

Post Sat, Jun 03 2017, 9:54 pm
Young Israel of Bedford bay.

Avenue U and (the equivalent of) east 31.

http://www.yibb.org/pool-schedule/

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Jun 03 2017, 9:55 pm
Yeled Vyalda in BP. Metropolitanpool in Williamsburg

ILOVELIFE

Post Sat, Jun 03 2017, 10:04 pm
As far as I know all those have annual memberships

momto2

Post Sat, Jun 03 2017, 10:08 pm
You can get a guest pass in yeled v'yalda in boro park

momto2

Post Sat, Jun 03 2017, 10:09 pm
You can get a guest pass in yeled v'yalda in boro park

Mothers

Post Sat, Jun 03 2017, 11:23 pm
Shorefront Y. (Women Only swimming an hour a day)

https://www.shorefronty.org

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:58 am
OP here. Is Young Israel of Bedford Bay's pool nice? Is it usually crowded during women's hours. Anyone been to the pool at Kingsbay Y? How is that one? Is it crowded??

kb

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:22 am
I haven't been to YI of Bedford Bay in a few years. It's not a gorgeous pool - it's a standard indoor pool. Nothing remarkable, but also nothing that bothered me about it.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:26 am
Check out East Midwood Jewish Center. No annual membership required; I believe it's $10 per person per sessions. The hours are listed here:

http://www.emjc.org/community/.....ming/

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 1:10 pm
What is the East Midwood Jewish Center pool like? I would like to do laps in a not so crowded pool.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 2:02 pm
The picture in the link I posted shows you how wide it is. The length of the pool is probably about 3-4x what you see in the picture. It's not huge and Olympic size, but it's not tiny. I don't go much so I can't tell you about the crowds, but I would imagine that if you choose a less popular time and get there at the beginning it shouldn't be too bad. Worst case, it's only $10 to try it out.

mamallama

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 2:02 pm
When I've swam at East Midwood it wasn't crowded at all - just a 2-3 women doing laps. Locker room is quite run down and old.

kb

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 2:04 pm
Bedford bay is good for laps

livinginflatbus

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 2:19 pm
I went to east mid wood not all at crowded

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 7:47 pm
OP. here doing the tour of Brooklyn separate swim hour pools. Was at East Midwood pool tonight. The pool was great. Clean. Only 4 other people. No ropes for lap lanes just one big pool. People there told me it can get very crowded, with lots of kids, and the water is not very well regulated. Sometimes it's very warm and sometimes too cold. They told me tonight it was cold but I found it perfect!!!! ON THE OTHER HAND-BEWARE! The locker room and bathrooms are terrible. 2 bathroom stalls. Bathroom doors are two half doors that latch closed with a latch but it is not fully closed and therefore not comfortably private. There were no individual showers at all!!! There was one stall with 3 showers together and the water was not at all comfortable, too cold. No dressing rooms at all. One bench without any curtain and one bench with a curtain that did not fully close. That's it as far as places to change. But I enjoyed tonight and was able to swim my laps. Don't know that I'll go back there though....

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 7:52 pm
OP again. I might add that I do have a membership at HES (Hebrew Educational Society) in Canarsie which is temporarily closed for repairs. But you can swim at this pool for $15. if you are not a member and it's a gorgeous pool with normal bathrooms, dressing rooms and sauna. Just putting this out there as the hot weather is about to hit....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise