Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Need places to go in Lakewood for a day

tziviakayla

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:21 am
I am going to be in Lakewood for about 10 hours later this week while dh has a business meeting. I don't really know anyone there to spend the day with. Are there any large shopping plazas with restaurants, shops, a place to sit and read for a full day? I won't have access to a car, so I need a location that has enough to do for an entire day! (I am familiar with Westgate Plaza, but there probably isn't enough to do for 10 hours.) Thank you!

imamommyx2

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:27 am
Maybe Shoprite plaza? YOu could eat breakfast at JII get a mani pedi at the Chinese salon go eat icecream at sprinkles go shopping at BSW go to the dollar store, go get a massage at the Chinese place go to shoppers paradise and then eat at deluxe? then go to the gym to try to lose the weight you gained from all the food!! Not really a 10 hour deal but not sure where you could actually spend 10 hours in lkwd!!

doctorima

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:30 am
I don't know Lakewood well enough to advise you, but just want to suggest that you shouldn't feel compelled to limit yourself to the same location for 10 hours. Even without a car, you should be able to call an Uber or car service to take you to a different part of town for not very much money.

Ilovemaryland

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:34 am
6 flags outlet stores.. Not really Lakewood but I can do a year's worth of shopping in a morning there and there is no sales tax on clothing

imamommyx2

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:36 am
doctorima wrote:
I don't know Lakewood well enough to advise you, but just want to suggest that you shouldn't feel compelled to limit yourself to the same location for 10 hours. Even without a car, you should be able to call an Uber or car service to take you to a different part of town for not very much money.

THIS!!!!!! There is a frum car service in lkwd that I've used in the past.

sky

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:41 am
Are you going yourself or with kids?

Areas with lots of stores and restuarants - but not sure any would work for 10 hours straight:

Gourmet Glatt shopping center is walking distance to other shopping centers. You could prob spend some time between those three strips of stores and rest in the coffee shop or the JII pizza shop for some time with no one caring.

Gourmet Glatt, Dollar store, pizza shop (JII), women clothing(Brooklyn Southwest) and kids clothing (Shoppers Paradise), nail place, home goods store (center of Town), mens suit store, ice cream shop, toy store, etc.
1 block down W. Kennedy, nicer pizza shop (the upper curst), coffee shop (THe french press), Shell store (shell station), womens clothing store (The gallery), grocery store (shloimes), Children clothing store.
across teh street - Chinese restuarant, samll party goods store, rite aid, more women clothing store (European Finesse and Zinelli) and children clothing store, Children Shoe store, Large Hosiery store, etc.

other options:
Westgate
Grebow Shopping center (Amazing savings, linen store, dairy restaurant, Junee, Junee jr, candy store, shoe store, Fashion wholesalers, etc.)
Clifton Ave (Bagel nosh - can sit there, some clothing stores - but not much left)

Ilovemaryland

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:46 am
sky wrote:
Are you going yourself or with kids?

Areas with lots of stores and restuarants - but not sure any would work for 10 hours straight:

Gourmet Glatt shopping center is walking distance to other shopping centers. You could prob spend some time between those three strips of stores and rest in the coffee shop or the JII pizza shop for some time with no one caring.

Gourmet Glatt, Dollar store, pizza shop (JII), women clothing(Brooklyn Southwest) and kids clothing (Shoppers Paradise), nail place, home goods store (center of Town), mens suit store, ice cream shop, toy store, etc.
1 block down W. Kennedy, nicer pizza shop (the upper curst), coffee shop (THe french press), Shell store (shell station), womens clothing store (The gallery), grocery store (shloimes), Children clothing store.
across teh street - Chinese restuarant, samll party goods store, rite aid, more women clothing store (European Finesse and Zinelli) and children clothing store, Children Shoe store, Large Hosiery store, etc.

other options:
Westgate
Grebow Shopping center (Amazing savings, linen store, dairy restaurant, Junee, Junee jr, candy store, shoe store, Fashion wholesalers, etc.)
Clifton Ave (Bagel nosh - can sit there, some clothing stores - but not much left)

Sky how could you forget Kava lol
Thats the highlight of the trip

Try the buffalo wings thats really cauliflower

mommy43

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:52 am
You can get dropped off at the freehold raceway mall and spend a few hours there.
Than you can take a bus ( they come every two hours) into Lakewood and get off by gourmet glatt and spend some time in that area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics