Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bas mitzvah activity that's cheap and easy
1  2  Next

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 7:49 pm
I'm planning a small bas mitzvah for someone and I'm looking for ideas for an age appropriate activity for the girls to do. Preferably cheap and easy! Tia:)

Seas

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 7:50 pm
Saying Tehillim
Cooking
Decorating cookies
Making sushi
Treasure hunt

thanks

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 8:19 pm
Decorate a picture frame, and put a tefilla in it; hafroshas challah, gut fun avrohom, etc.

cholenteater

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 9:33 pm
Decorate t-shirts or sweatshirts(much "cooler" but more expensive) With puff paint and fabric paints, using tracers and maybe some premade iron ons if you can get it cheap. You can also iron on created at blanks bas mitzvah with the date on each shirt somewhere, which makes it seem alot more expensive and awsome! Smile
Same idea can be applied to hand bags that are big and can fit notebooks in for study nights, caps if the girl is more of a tomboy etc

cbg

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 9:45 pm
You can play games
Limbo
Pass the present/package
The "NO" game, this is played throughout the party, but it gets the girls socializing. Each person has 5 paper clips if you catch someone saying "no", they have to give you a clip. The person with the most clips at the end wins a prize.
Jump rope (really lots of fun)

animeme

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 12:49 am
Please do not do anything involving puffy paint, fabric paint, permanent markers, etc. Decorating t shirts sounds fun until you realize that the girls are often in nice clothes, and even with smocks, things get ruined.

mandksima

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 1:20 am
We had the girls make candy centerpieces for the tables and they took them home afterwards. I bought plastic champagne glasses for the amount of tables and used soursticks as greenery, candied rocks to weigh it down, bamboo skewers to make flowers using various jelly candies and marshmallows. Each one was different, the girls had fun, I didn't have to make centerpieces myself and it took 30-45 min before the party started so they were told to come earlier.

shevi82

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 1:40 am
You can do Hafroshas Challa and teach them to braid with six.
My dd's friend had a seudat Amenim. It was really nice. Each girl got a plate with a few diffrent brochas on it and each girl made a bracha out loud while they all said Amen.
Beforhand they had a woman who explained how special each Amen is.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 2:31 am
I was at a bat mitzvah for a girl named Rachel, and they made care packages for soldiers on duty at kever Rachel

chanchy123

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 2:38 am
DD came back with notebooks they decorated with scrapping techniques, that didn't seem too costly, also they did embellishments on fleece scarves, wooden mobiles, painting manadalas. I don't know what sort of activities are common in your circles, my SIL takes her girls' classes to pack food for the needy as an activity. I guess also inexpensive is very relative, I'm doing something relatively inexpensive in my circles, but I have an inkling this would not be considered inexpensive in other people's circles.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 6:21 am
My dd is bh starting to be invited to bas mitsvos. There are no activities. There is dancing, and a buffet or a meal. In the more low key it's just music on a comp, or a hifi. Some may or not play between each other. But no organized activity or play. I'd treat it as a simcha and not make them do something, especially if dirtying or tiring or sad or simply absorbing away from the simcha.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 9:23 am
My daughter and her friends beaded bracelets and necklaces and baked challah so they could do hafrashat challah. Decorating cupcakes can be fun too.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 11:29 am
Op here! Thanks for all ur suggestions! Anyone did making Royal icing or fondant cookies?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 3:10 pm
I did royal icing cookies for my dd and it worked our reaaly well. The girls enjoyed decorating and eating them:) I made enough plain sugar cookies for about 4 each girl and then prepared a bunch of bottles filled with icing and put out some toothpicks and crystals to decorate.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 6:05 pm
Thanks for the info! Was it a big mess or hassle?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 6:08 pm
Out of curiosity, and intended to be asked with the utmost respect, in communities in which it is common for the bat mitzvah girl's party to include a craft, is that also done at the party for a bar mitzvah boy?

Neither is common in my community, so I was curious.

thanks

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 7:01 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Out of curiosity, and intended to be asked with the utmost respect, in communities in which it is common for the bat mitzvah girl's party to include a craft, is that also done at the party for a bar mitzvah boy?

Neither is common in my community, so I was curious.

Do you think 13 yr old boys would enjoy making a craft?

In my community, crafts are common at bas mitzvah parties. Bar Mitzvah's are usually a seuda, and sometimes dancing and kumzitz for the boys.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:17 pm
Ruchel wrote:
My dd is bh starting to be invited to bas mitsvos. There are no activities. There is dancing, and a buffet or a meal. In the more low key it's just music on a comp, or a hifi. Some may or not play between each other. But no organized activity or play. I'd treat it as a simcha and not make them do something, especially if dirtying or tiring or sad or simply absorbing away from the simcha.

This is more what I'm familiar with. I'm curious along with six since crafts is more what I picture for a younger girls birthday party.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the info! Was it a big mess or hassle?

Not at all! We had it in a hall so we did it on separate tables from where the eating took place so it was an easy setup (before the party) and a quick cleanup because I used disposable.

eschaya

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 11:01 pm
You can make sugar cookies with fondant, them have the girls decorate them with edible markers (wilton).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics