Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Help me enhance my shabbos table please!

artsy

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 9:32 pm
I know this seems very basic.
But I can't seem to find any variety of nice decorative bowls in varying sizes to serve salads from on shabbos. Or maybe also some decorative salad servers. Budget friendly. I prefer not to heavy or too breakable if possible. I live in northern nj. so either a store or online. And any other suggestions of how to make my shabbos table look nicer.

ship

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 9:39 pm
Use napkin rings. I also serve my salads/dips in ramekins.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 9:59 pm
Set the table with chargers.
http://m.zgallerie.com/p-20026.....msFMg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cha.....h=sem

Use pretty printed napkins.

A bit of color like green lettuce under the fish can make a pretty statement.

Plan your menu with color: for example, try not to use all brown foods for the main. Instead, serve a chicken, apple cherry kugel, and green beans.

Invest in a set of Ramekins or mini gravy dishes to add to your plating.

studying_torah

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:52 pm
Check out Amazing Savings, they often have pretty table accessories for not a lot of money.
Colorful napkins, chargers or a runner ontop of the tablecloth, pretty glasses all add so much.

srbmom

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:22 pm
I got some beautiful serving plates/bowls at Target that are Melamine. They hold up really well, come in beautiful colors and patterns, and are very inexpensive.

momtra

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:25 pm
Home goods - in Bergen mall

Ilovemaryland

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:26 pm
Invite me
That will automatically make your table look nicer Very Happy Very Happy

happyone

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:30 pm
I second a trip to Homegoods. There's always a nice bowl or table enhancer you can pick up.

sky

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:50 pm
For salad bowls I LOVE the pyrex bowls with the blue covers. I have a collection in a few different sizes.
It is great because the salads are served in the bowls and stored in the same container and can be re-served multiple times. They are pretty cheap at the Corningware outlet. I use a few every shabbos and have trivets to hold them when they have hot contents.

For small bowls I have small glass bowls - Libbey brand from Marshalls - but could probably find anywhere with covers so I can store the dip in between meals.

I love anything with covers.

Maybe not so decorative but very easy.

Hobby Lobby also has some great options. You can get netting to use as table runners. Make matching napking rings with large flowers. Get felt runner for the table.

Miri1

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 12:44 am
I found some lovely glass bowls at Ikea. One is so pretty, not oversized, but on a pedestal - looks beautiful with cucumber salad for example.
eta: oops, saw it shouldn't be breakable... my glass bowls are still whole, but I guess they are technically quite breakable.

But Ikea does have some nice inexpensive pieces, unbreakable as well...

Last edited by Miri1 on Mon, Jun 05 2017, 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total

naomi6

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 1:10 am
First get a tablecloth with cut work so u can put a silver or gold liner then u can match chargers and napkin rings in gold or silver. Buy a fresh bouquet of flowers low nice glasses and bowls from Pier One
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics