Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is your most & least respected profession?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:04 pm
Curious to know which profession is respected the most/least

Most respected: hard working trade jobs like a shoemaker, etc. honest at the core and knows true work

Least respected: mainstream doctors (paid for 8 min years of schooling to be trained by big Pharma funded books to be sheep and never question. CDC shall burn ....)

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:08 pm
I would say the opposite.. I respect a doctor a lot more than someone who never got a higher education

shyshira

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:12 pm
I respect anyone who practices their trade or profession honestly. Same for anyone who carries out his (or her) business honestly.

I have no respect for people who lash out anonymously against others on social media.

Last edited by shyshira on Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:15 pm
amother wrote:

Least respected: mainstream doctors (paid for 8 min years of schooling to be trained by big Pharma funded books to be sheep and never question. CDC shall burn ....)

Are you for real?

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:18 pm
I actually respect people as individuals not by their professions. I'm sure there are some shoemakers that I respect more then some doctors and vice versa.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:19 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Are you for real?

If you've lived long enough and seen the things we've seen you might see things differently than what your conditioning has conditioned you to believe.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:23 pm
amother wrote:
If you've lived long enough and seen the things we've seen you might see things differently than what your conditioning has conditioned you to believe.

Meh, you're posting anon. Your credibility is zip. If you had the courage of your convictions it would be another story. Right now you're merely hiding behind Ima so you can stir the pot and advance your agenda.

LittleMissMama

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:23 pm
If you have some agenda to share, start a real thread under your real name and be done with it.

I like honest, hard working, positive people, regardless of their profession.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:26 pm
amother wrote:

I'm not that old but I've seen the most evil alternative doctors take advantage of people in their most desperate states, promising miracles with bogus cures and rituals and extricating much needed money... so if mainstream and alternative are out, who can heal us?

Also, I'm wondering if you know any mainstream doctors personally (not professionally)?

crust

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:32 pm
I respect any person who works hard to put bread on thier table.
I dont respect people with ulterior motives.

livinginflatbus

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:32 pm
Why does your career have to define you as a person ?

crust

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:36 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
Why does your career have to define you as a person ?

Exactly. It goes against everything I value.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:42 pm
OP are you ok health wise? Have you had a bad experience with a conventional doctor? Can we help you work through that?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:47 pm
Well, I wasn't sure where you were going with your original post, but YES! (in response to your explanation)
I have a kid with selective mutism. the only 'clinic' in the entire state that 'guarrantees' a cure is something like $500 for the eval and $300 for every follow up appointment. I ran out of money fast because I was desperate to 'fix' my kid - and they didn't say or do anything different than anyone else, including the free services offered by local jewish agencies.
Is that kind of what u were referring to?

youngishbear

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 10:54 pm
The title/job/career/training/education/position does not make the man.

That said, I can't stand anyone in any position who disparages his competitors.

crust

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:02 pm
youngishbear wrote:
The title/job/career/training/education/position does not make the man.

That said, I can't stand anyone in any position who disparages his competitors.

Youngishbear, your posts tell that you are not so youngish... too wise to be less than arbuim lbinah...

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:22 pm
amother wrote:
Well, I wasn't sure where you were going with your original post, but YES! (in response to your explanation)
I have a kid with selective mutism. the only 'clinic' in the entire state that 'guarrantees' a cure is something like $500 for the eval and $300 for every follow up appointment. I ran out of money fast because I was desperate to 'fix' my kid - and they didn't say or do anything different than anyone else, including the free services offered by local jewish agencies.
Is that kind of what u were referring to?

I personally know of a child that was cured of selective mutism at the NYU clinic some ten years ago, if this info helps

Reesa

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:35 pm
amother wrote:
Curious to know which profession is respected the most/least

Most respected: hard working trade jobs like a shoemaker, etc. honest at the core and knows true work

I'll just take a wild guess that you don't vaccinate your kids. 😉

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:38 pm
Lets all get real here ...in heimishe communities it has zero to do with what you do and everything to do with how much $$$ you have, regardless of how you got it..

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jun 04 2017, 11:42 pm
I respect anyone who works hard at their job, and does their work properly, honestly, and as close to perfectly as possible.

I do not respect this new genre of social media money-makers, who do nothing except be stupid on camera and get paid to promote brands.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics