Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel for Nails

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 2:10 pm
This is absolutely a life changing nail polish! I have weak, bendy nails, which means that polish chips off 5 hours later, even if I don't do anything to it.

Never again! I am really hard on my hands. I type all day (LOL!), do dishes, laundry, rearrange and pack boxes, and lots of other stuff. Now, I have a manicure that lasts for at least a week. My pedicure has lasted 3 weeks, and looks like the day I did it!

How does this work, do you ask? It's a 2 part system. It's half gel nail technology, and half old school nail polish. The first two layers are the Step One colors. You really do need 2 coats, but it dries really fast. Then you do Step Two with the clear top coat.

Now go to a sunny windowsill, and hold your hands out for 5 minutes. That's all! No fancy light needed. (Unless you're doing your nails at night.)

When your nails start to grow out, and you're ready for a change, just swish your nails in a jar of regular polish remover. It might take an extra minute, but there's no scrubbing or peeling to ruin your nails.

I am in love with this top coat. When Step 2 dries, it looks like wet, poured glass, and keeps it's shine for the whole week. It works really well on regular polish too, and you can expect to get at least an extra 2 or 3 days of wear out of your favorite polishes.

What I like about this, is that because I have bendy nails, is that the polish stays flexible and bends with the nail, instead of flaking off. I broke a nail just before Shabbos, and the polish was so strong that it kept the nail from falling off until after Havdallah! Surprised

Go buy some, and get extras of the top coat. You'll thank me forever.

Ilovemaryland

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 2:13 pm
Good morning FF

I've been used Sally for about 20 years

glamourmom

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 2:25 pm
is there a specific Sally polish to use or anything from that brand?

agreer

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 4:22 pm
Title clearly says the miracle gel line... it's only been around for a few years.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 7:14 pm
glamourmom wrote:
is there a specific Sally polish to use or anything from that brand?

You have to use the specific 2 part formula in order to get the best results. It must say "Miracle Gel" on the bottle. The range of colors is fantastic, and the non sparkly/opaque colors look like jeweler's enamels. IMHO, the frosty colors are kind of boring. You really get the full impact with solid colors.

You can use the top coat (step 2) on any brand of nail polish, to double the wear time, but it won't be as strong as using the specific formula colors. I've used it to extend the wear of Butter London with very good results.

The color has one chemical in it, and the top coat has a different chemical (kind of like two part resin.) When you put them on together, they form a bond that is really strong - yet breaks down quickly in acetone.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 10:42 pm
Do they have this in a matte version?

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jun 26 2017, 10:51 pm
Quote:
You took the words right out of my mouth! Though I use Orly Nails for Males which is between matte & glossy.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 27 2017, 8:21 am
amother wrote:

No, the top coat is super high shine - BUT - you could layer matte over the top to dull down the effect, and still have the long wearing polish underneath.

I really like the matte look, but I find it wears off the tips of my nails way too fast. I'm hard on my hands.

Maybe next time I do my nails, I'll try layering matte over the top coat, and I'll report back on how well it holds up.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 11:45 pm
Bumping this thread

Did anyone try with a matte top coat?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics