Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Do u mind If I brag a bit? Update 4/19/19
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

sneakermom

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 8:26 am
I am so happy for you!! Enjoy the clothes and the thinner figure. You earned it.

tomboy

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 10:51 am
I'm so happy for you OP. Thanks for sharing

groisamomma

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 10:53 am
Good for you!!

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 11:35 am
amother wrote:
Speak for yourself Seas

How rude.
The hug button is very often used as a dislike button (not by me FTR) and whoever hasn't realized that must be hiding under a rug.
From those who hug those who like baby names that they don't to those who hug those who they feel bad for for being 'too frum', this misuse is actually pretty rampant around here.

Seas

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 11:53 am
Thank you.

Why would a hug be genuine in the OP's case? Would you hug an acquaintance IRL who told you she lost weight?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 1:44 pm
Seas wrote:
Thank you.

Why would a hug be genuine in the OP's case? Would you hug an acquaintance IRL who told you she lost weight?

I sometimes see that posters hug when they are jealous. Like when people mention their wealth etc.

glamourmom

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 1:48 pm
Seas wrote:
Thank you.

it would be congratulatory.

cbg

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 1:50 pm
Back on track
Congrats, OP
Can you share your plan

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 2:29 pm
Seas wrote:
Thank you.

As someone who's been on imamother for years and not, in fact, "hiding under a rug" (read: "an idiot"), I'll explain to the cynics that a virtual hug truly can simply mean to convey a mentschlakh woman's caring and empathy; sincere vicarious happiness over a stranger's success. It's a little offputting to think that someone thinks that those of us who wish to convey positivity and emotional support to a stranger must have been "hiding under a rug" (again, read: "too stupid") not to realize that someone could choose to use a hug to mean something meanspirited. Some of us are just too kindhearted to warp our perception of people's intentions, that way. Why not just say what you think, albeit negative, if you must, and leave the hugging for people who genuinely mean to uplift someone? This sort of thing gives frumkeit a bad name. In answer to the question: a physical hug is not the same as a virtual "hug", so the question is irrelevant.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 2:46 pm
Well done OP. Thats amazing. And btw I sent u a hug and a like as a sign of how amazing u have done and of how virtually proud I am Hooray . I dont know u but if we were friends an u told me u lost weight/or if seen that u lost I would totally hug u.
Gosh ppl on this thread are acting so petty....cant get over grown women fighting with their words. Hooray

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 3:24 pm
cbg wrote:
Back on track
Congrats, OP
Can you share your plan

This is what I've been eating

Breakfast
Coffee no sugar & almond milk
Some nuts with either a fruit or a Greek yogurt

Lunch
I try to have protein & veg
Tuna & tomatos
Eggs & steamed veg
Turkey with tomatos in a whole wheat wrap

Dinner
Lots of protein & vegs
I don't fry. I grill or bake the fish or chicken
I do make something starchy about once a week I just limit the amount I'll eat.

Between meals I really try not to eat. If I get hungry I'll have a fruit or vegetable
Some nuts
A Kind bar

This is what I've been doing everyday. But if we go out to eat (once in 2/3 weeks) I do have some dessert.
On shavuos I had some cheese cake 1 normal price each day.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
As someone who's been on imamother for years and not, in fact, "hiding under a rug" (read: "an idiot"), I'll explain to the cynics that a virtual hug truly can simply mean to convey a mentschlakh woman's caring and empathy; sincere vicarious happiness over a stranger's success. It's a little offputting to think that someone thinks that those of us who wish to convey positivity and emotional support to a stranger must have been "hiding under a rug" (again, read: "too stupid") not to realize that someone could choose to use a hug to mean something meanspirited. Some of us are just too kindhearted to warp our perception of people's intentions, that way. Why not just say what you think, albeit negative, if you must, and leave the hugging for people who genuinely mean to uplift someone? This sort of thing gives frumkeit a bad name. In answer to the question: a physical hug is not the same as a virtual "hug", so the question is irrelevant.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
I am not being cynical at all (though I would dare say that your post does give off such vibes).
I don't use the hug feature to mean that I dislike what they wrote. And we all obviously know that the hug feature is there to show care and usually is for that.
However, FACT is that many people do abuse that button. It has been brought up many times. I'm not saying that that's what happened in this case though you can't deny that that's what it often gets used for.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 4:44 pm
Bh I've been sticking to my new way of eating. I'm not thinking of it as diet but a new way of life. Today I went with my daughter to the dr for her well visit. This is going to sound stupid but they have these narrow arm chairs & I didn't fit in them for many yrs I had to look for a non arm chair when I wanted to sit. Today I comfortably fit in the arm chair!! I feel so good BH!!!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 5:49 pm
op, how much weight did you loose? Are you following any specific program? You are doing great!

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 6:05 pm
amother wrote:
op, how much weight did you loose? Are you following any specific program? You are doing great!

I haven't gone on a scale at all not even before I started so I will never know exactly how much I lost. I feel amazing & I look so much better the numbers for me are not motivating if anything one week if I didn't loose as much as I wanted it would make it harder. But I lost about 2 clothing sizes.
I'm not following a program. I started out just trying to make better choices. It slowly evolved to this.
I only eat breakfast lunch & supper nothing but coffee or water between meals.
For breakfast I have a coffee with a fruit or yogurt with some nuts & some dried fruit.
For lunch I try to have a lot of protein tuna, eggs, or turkey with vegetables. I buy the steam in a bag vegetables. Sometimes I'll have a coffee & kind bar if I feel like I'm going to get hungry before supper.
For supper I do the same a lunch lots of protein & veg and a small amount of starch.
I tried so many different "diets" but I decided I need to make changes that will be changes to my way of eating forever not just to loose weight. It's been 5 months since I started. I have never kept to any of the diets I tried for so long.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 6:10 pm
amother wrote:
I haven't gone on a scale at all not even before I started so I will never know exactly how much I lost. I feel amazing & I look so much better the numbers for me are not motivating if anything one week if I didn't loose as much as I wanted it would make it harder. But I lost about 2 clothing sizes.
I'm not following a program. I started out just trying to make better choices. It slowly evolved to this.
I only eat breakfast lunch & supper nothing but coffee or water between meals.
For breakfast I have a coffee with a fruit or yogurt with some nuts & some dried fruit.
For lunch I try to have a lot of protein tuna, eggs, or turkey with vegetables. I buy the steam in a bag vegetables. Sometimes I'll have a coffee & kind bar if I feel like I'm going to get hungry before supper.
For supper I do the same a lunch lots of protein & veg and a small amount of starch.
I tried so many different "diets" but I decided I need to make changes that will be changes to my way of eating forever not just to loose weight. It's been 5 months since I started. I have never kept to any of the diets I tried for so long.

That's amazing! You probably about 25 lbs!! I am inspired. Keep it up!!

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 6:38 pm
amother wrote:
That's amazing! You probably about 25 lbs!! I am inspired. Keep it up!!

Thanks. I daven everyday for the help I need to stick to it!!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 5:26 pm
I’ve been sticking to my “diet” BH. Yom Tov was hard I definitely ate to much challah & I ate some cake. But BH right after I was back on track. I needed to go to the doctor today & I lost 20 lbs since the last time I was there!! (More then a year ago) I still have 30 lbs to loose to get back to my pre kids weight.
I’ve been shopping for new clothes & it’s such a great feeling to find clothes that fit & I look good in!! No more plus sizes!!!
I really hope that sticking to my way of eating is going to keep working.
It’s amazing how much less food I need to feel full! I can’t eat nearly as much food as I used to. I hope these are life long changes & I never “find” those 20 lbs.
I’m so greatful to G-d for getting me here & I pray keeps me on this path!!
I hope it’s ok that I post this. I don’t really have people irl to talk about this.

dovebird

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 6:36 pm
Wow good for you! You are such a good role model! Keep up the amazing work!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 9:06 pm
dovebird wrote:
Wow good for you! You are such a good role model! Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise