Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Comey testimony, will you watch or listen to it?
Previous  1  2

Jeanette

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:41 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
Comey admitted that Trump did not halt any investigation.

You posted this before the hearing even started!

Comey also confirmed that NYT is #FAKENEWS. Great day for Trump so far!

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 1:18 pm
I happened to catch a few minutes while in the car. It was almost as exciting as watching grass grow.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 2:26 pm
Dang I slept in and missed it all. I've got some housework to do so I guess I'll just listen to it while I work.

Miri7

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 3:53 pm
I'm a liberal democrat and, going into the hearing, my hope was not to hear evidence of an impeachable offense, or obstruction of justice. I wanted to hear what Comey had to say. I wanted facts to come to light about Comey, the administration, their interactions and how these relates to the ongoing investigations.

I thought that overall Comey came off as a reasonable, credible witness and that he seemed smart and forthcoming.

And to the point someone made about hearsay, Comey's contemporaneous memos and his testimony about conversations with Trump are not hearsay. When he testified about Trumps's satements, he was not offering them for the truth of the matter asserted. He was a percipient witness of those statements and can certainly testify about what was said. He can also testify about the effect those statements had on him.

Also I thought the bit about cancelling a dinner date with his wife provided some much needed comic relief.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics