Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
If we think we spend a lot on weddings...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 2:35 pm
...the indians seem to top us anytime

http://www.vogue.in/content/th.....sbody

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 2:40 pm
That's a splashy wedding made by a billionaire. I understand that Indians do often make lavish weddings, but the bride and groom are generally both older and employed. The wedding is the last parental contribution.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 2:52 pm
amother wrote:
That's a splashy wedding made by a billionaire. I understand that Indians do often make lavish weddings, but the bride and groom are generally both older and employed. The wedding is the last parental contribution.

That's a lot of generalizations!

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 2:53 pm
Well, last night I was at a Sheva brachos at the Marina Del Rey. I wonder what the WEDDING was like?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 2:58 pm
I enjoy seeing beautiful things and appreciate beauty and can understand the someone with money can and wants to spend to make their simcha stunning. But what I never got was why spend these massive amounts on so much elaborate flowers when it lands in the garbage the next day. Not that there should be no flowers, thats what it was created for, but why not just a nice centerpiece?
Like the latest thing I have seen of entire tables covered in flowers etc.
Not critizising just curious

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 3:56 pm
And that's no good thing. Families in India fight over dowry, who pays what, and some don't want to pay a daughter's wedding so they do horrible things I don't even want to write.

Jews bh are mostly normal, outside of some circles.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 4:07 pm
amother wrote:
I enjoy seeing beautiful things and appreciate beauty and can understand the someone with money can and wants to spend to make their simcha stunning. But what I never got was why spend these massive amounts on so much elaborate flowers when it lands in the garbage the next day. Not that there should be no flowers, thats what it was created for, but why not just a nice centerpiece?
Like the latest thing I have seen of entire tables covered in flowers etc.
Not critizising just curious

why not a nice centerpiece? because the ba'al simcha wants a table covered in flowers. they decompose - its basically a 'no waste' item. you could ask - why spend money on high quality food - it just gets eaten. Why spend on a band? the music stops after the simcha is over.

I'm always happy when people with means spend lots on weddings. It puts a lot of money into the local economy.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 5:32 pm
amother wrote:
Well, last night I was at a Sheva brachos at the Marina Del Rey. I wonder what the WEDDING was like?

So how'd you enjoy those steaks? Very Happy

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 5:44 pm
amother wrote:
why not a nice centerpiece? because the ba'al simcha wants a table covered in flowers. they decompose - its basically a 'no waste' item. you could ask - why spend money on high quality food - it just gets eaten. Why spend on a band? the music stops after the simcha is over.

I'm always happy when people with means spend lots on weddings. It puts a lot of money into the local economy.

Ok I hear ya. I guess thats a nw perspective for me. Thank you!

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 5:54 pm
amother wrote:
Ok I hear ya. I guess thats a nw perspective for me. Thank you!

you're welcome.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics