Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Girl schools in Monsey

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 11:29 am
We are a litvish and yeshivish young family and looking into Monsey. Currently living in Far Rockaway. Our 2 daughters are in BBY, and my son is not yet in school.

We value a good education, but at the same time a good warm environment which fosters happy children with an emphasis on middos is just as important.

What schools do you recommend for my girls (I'm sure once I live there I will learn whats available for my son when the time comes)

This move may or may not happen, and school options play a big role in that decision.

The only school someone mentioned to me is the new Bais Yaakov of Monsey (is that the correct name?)

TIA

esuss

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 12:43 pm
You may also like Bas Mikroh girls school.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 1:03 pm
Ysv is the mainstream yeshivish school

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 6:10 pm
Bais yakov of monsey is a high school, I am assuming you meant to the elementary - new bais yakov ( Rockland county). I send my daughter there really happy great school!! Most of parent body are younger and more yeshivish..

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 6:11 pm
Bais yakov of monsey is a high school, I am assuming you meant to the elementary - new bais yakov ( Rockland county). I send my daughter there really happy great school!! Most of parent body are younger and more yeshivish..

thanks

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 6:28 pm
Ysv is still a solid school with a good education and emphasis on midos, menchlichkeit and respect for others.

little neshamala

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 7:33 pm
Agree about ysv (yeshiva of spring valley)
Very solid school, nice mix, very involved hanhala who try not to let your kids get lost in the shuffle...recommend looking into it

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 7:31 am
thank you!

can you tell me more about Bas Mikroh and the new bais yaakov (the elementry school)??

YSV sounds very much for me. Just wondering, when you say a "mix" what does that mean? How modern is the most modern?

little neshamala

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 8:01 am
YSV's mix...

a beautiful blend of families that range from the type thats full time learning, yeshivish, fathers with longer beards, young girls wear knee socks, no movies at all etc...to all types in between, with the most modern being families that have a TV and more modern clothes but still cover hair etc. The largest percentage of familes are those that are more middle ground-dont have a TV, dress totally tzanuah , may watch movies that are clean etc...

Having said that, I want to stress that this mix is NOT one where some types look down on others, and girls are encouraged to socialize with everyone and not focus on the differences between them.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 11:28 am
how yeshivish is the new bais yaakov elementry? do you think they are completely full at this point (pre school)?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating