Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Looking for a high school for adhd boys
1  2  Next

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 4:36 pm
Im looking for a high school for my adhd ds. I live oot and there really isn't any high school that would be a good fit.

Tia

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 4:54 pm
are you looking to move to where one is? or.... where do you live?

Here in Cleveland, my son can't do Jewish schools-- none specifically for his level/type of needs.... he's in an alternative (non Jewish) program. He did do public school for a while and might try it again in the future but I'd prefer to keep him in the alternative program if possible (district is paying so what they say goes).

Are you open to public? alternative? non Jewish private?

Ilovemaryland

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 5:15 pm
Neemus HaTorah Baltimore
[b]NOT[b]

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 7:35 pm
We might consider moving eventually, but right now we want to find someplace for him with a dorm.

Ideally, we want a frum program for him, but might consider alternatives, if we don't find anything else.

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 7:39 pm
Ilovemaryland, what do you mean by "neemas hatorah, not" ?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 7:42 pm
I think you are also in Chicago? How about the new Yeshivas shaarei adirim?

Ilovemaryland

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 8:10 pm
[quote="Coke Slurpee"]Ilovemaryland, what do you mean by "neemas hatorah, not" ?[/quolte]

They bill themselves as THEE place for ADD
ADHD autistic etc..

My best friend's son went there for 2 years and was miserable
Then he went to a top notch PS and he really thrived...

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 8:43 pm
There's one in Florida. Yeshiva with English program. Idk if dorm but maybe board at a family. Don't know the name, a relative sent her son there

mha3484

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 8:49 pm
The one in Florida Doresh is outstanding

Coke Slurpee

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 12:18 am
Shaarei Adirim has a specific type of student they cater to, unfortunately, not my son.

Does anyone have more information about doresh?

Undefined

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 1:01 am
Coke slurpee , could you please tell me what type of boy shaarei Adirim caters to? I wanted to look into it for my son, thanks

Coke Slurpee

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 1:09 am
I'm not a hundred percent sure exactly what type of student. I know two things. One its modeled or maybe even a branch of shaarei arazim in monsey. Secondly, the person who started it knows my son well, and said it's not for him.

I am sending my son to the Maamin program in Ida Crown. Its a program run by Keshet.

Good luck!

Undefined

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 1:24 am
Thank you, can you give me any more details like why did he say it's not for your son. Are you able to share his contact info and any details about the Maamin program at Ida crown?

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
There's one in Florida. Yeshiva with English program. Idk if dorm but maybe board at a family. Don't know the name, a relative sent her son there

I don't think I wrote this, but I agree. Nah, I didn't because I don't write Idk and I know there is a dorm. I know someone who sends there and he's been there I think since 9th grade and now he's 21.

Coke Slurpee

Post Fri, Jun 23 2017, 5:16 pm
I'll pm you, undefined

Coke Slurpee

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 11:24 am
Update: we just found out the maamin program is not opening for this year! So I need to find a school asap.

If anyone has specific info on Doresh, or any other yeshiva for the adhd, I'd really appreciate it.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jul 12 2017, 11:29 am
I spoke to Doresh years ago when helping my MIL find a yeshiva for my BIL. I was very impressed with what the head of the school had to say. You can PM me if you want for more info.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 10:20 am
Coke Slurpee wrote:
Update: we just found out the maamin program is not opening for this year! So I need to find a school asap.

If anyone has specific info on Doresh, or any other yeshiva for the adhd, I'd really appreciate it.

You can pm if you're interested and I can ask the person I know who sends her son there if I can give you her contacts. She'll probably say yes because I've given someone else her contacts once. Her son has been there since 9th grade and he's in bais now.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jul 13 2017, 4:11 pm
Edentown,
Somewhere near Lakewood

http://www.mesivtaofeatontown......sion/

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 10:43 am
It's been years, but I have worked under Rabbi Salfer from Doresh. I was really impressed with him. He really seemed to know what made the boys tick. I have a son with ADHD and would feel very comfortable sending him there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics