Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Question for Australian mothers
Previous  1  2

crust

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:15 pm
Would you consider talking to a local lawyer?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:16 pm
amother wrote:

I have no idea what the process is for "nominating" someone as responsible for your traffic ticket. Is it necessary to bring evidence that someone else was driving, or can you just say, "I wasn't driving the car, X was," and the court just accepts that?

Please read the link I posted above. OP better be 110% sure that your son is innocent or he could end up in jail.

Or rather, the son should point his "friend" to the Einfeld case because it sounds like the friend is trying to do a Teresa Brennan on your son.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:18 pm
amother wrote:
I do not believe it was a rental because number one, I trust my son. Number two, I once received a parking ticket with a rental (in the US) and I got a letter from the rental company, not the city. This letter was from the government, not from a car rental co.

The letter says, "the registered operator has nominated you as the responsible person for this offense."

I have no idea what the process is for "nominating" someone as responsible for your traffic ticket. Is it necessary to bring evidence that someone else was driving, or can you just say, "I wasn't driving the car, X was," and the court just accepts that?

you'll find this interesting.

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au.....otice

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:19 pm
I'm not so worried about my son going to jail. I am worried about possibly sending someone else to jail for fraudulently using his name and address. But again I can't figure out why the courts would go after him with no evidence that he was the driver.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
you'll find this interesting.

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au.....otice

Very interesting indeed! No potential for abuse there, none at all!

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not so worried about my son going to jail. I am worried about possibly sending someone else to jail for fraudulently using his name and address. But again I can't figure out why the courts would go after him with no evidence that he was the driver.

Yes I see what you mean. But you should do that which is emet.

crust

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:

It seems like anyone can nominate anyone. Am I correct?
That's scary.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:58 pm
amother wrote:

It says on the link that if the driver doesn't have an Australian license, they can't be nominated online. If your son doesn't have an Australian license then someone went through some process to nominate him.

Step 1 is to figure out who it was....

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 10:06 pm
Wow, insane.

I'm embarrassed for whoever did this. embarrassed

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 2:04 am
I live in australia. Either the car is photographed while speeding or going through a redlight and whoever car is registered on will get the ticket. Parking ticket will be on wind wiper or police can stop a car and give a ticket for speeding or going through red light etc.
Once car was registered on someone else name and we got speeding ticket we paid.

If your son is innocent then chase it up and tell them. I think it is more a dispute between person who owns car and your son. But ticket needs to be paid or proved that there was no traffic infringement.

toastedbagel

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 2:34 am
I'm from Australia.
If you get a ticket in the mail from a camera detecting a car that is registered to you, it comes with a form to nominate the driver at the time of the offence if it wasn't you. Eg I have nominated my husband when he has been speeding in my car, because why should I get his points. Or a seminary girl who borrowed my car. You need their full name, birthdate, and drivers license in order to nominate them, so they either need to cooperate or you need to obtain it by other means. I'm not sure how easy it is to nominate if you don't have the details. Unfortunately I have first hand knowledge of how this system has been abused even by Rabbis who think that they will avoid the fine and points, and it won't hurt the visiting bochur or sem girl who will go back overseas soon anyway. It is signing a document falsely and is a crime, but that doesn't stop people. Speak to your son and ask him who might have had access to his license. Did he give it to anyone, for this purpose, or any other thing? Could someone have gone into his wallet without him noticing, and noted his details? Consider approaching the Yeshiva admin about this, but also bear in mind that maybe it is them that have his details, and some teacher or director has managed to justify it to themselves and is trying to avoid their own fine and points. As dreadful as it sounds, it has happened before. Your son MUST follow it up, potentially wirh the police, if he is being fraudulently nominated. I was tempted to post anonymously, but I'm posting under my screen name so you can PM me if you want.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating