Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Did u wash a boys Armando Martillo suit in washing machine?
1  2  Next

esmom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 11:44 am
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has ever washed a boys armando martillo suit in the washing machine? This company is sold at Jewish clothing stores such as shoppers paradise in Lakewood NJ. The label says 65% polyesther and 35% viscose. Says hand wash cycle gentle cycle hang to dry . I would love to know if anyone did it suceesfully before I try it. Thanks so much!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 11:48 am
I have a 3 peice suit from G&G I bought for my 8 yr old. the pants and vest was nicely on gentle cold but I would not attempt to do the jacket. it has a lining and not sure if it wouldnt get misshaped. so I brush it with rubbing alcohol every week. so far so good. if I need to I will give into cleaners. but I wouldnt put in washing machine. maybe try to hand wash. spot clean and igive the jacket to cleaners when the stains absolutely dont come out. I find rubbing alcohol to be great but needs to be done right after shabbos.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 11:49 am
I don't know if ds has the same suit or diff one, but his is armendo martillo too. I do wash it with regular dark load, but the vest and jacket I only hang to dry. I do however not wash the jacket often, he doesn't use the jacket weekly, only sometimes. The pants I wash and dry.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 11:51 am
im wondering how much you paid for the armando suit? and wow so good you wahs in the machine. the jacket. sounds good.

crust

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 11:55 am
Paid $90 for suit.
I wash the vest and pants weekly.
I rarely wash the jacket because the stiffening in the collar becomes crinckled and No ironing helps for that.
I trained my boys to spot clean it.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:00 pm
is one pair of pants enough? or do you just match another navy or black pants when you need? I paid 250 for a three peice suit with an extra pair of pants.

btw anyone here that bought thiers is chasidish? I am so dh thought that only g&g sells the chasidish ones. he says they make them not as tight and more lose fitting. but im wondering how is martillo. I always knew the owners are chasidish so they make a fuller fit.

esmom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:07 pm
Thanks everyone. Its a few big spots but very noticeable.

crust

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:09 pm
I have the Azzuro suits also but I like the Armando better. The jacket doesn't 'collapse', crinkle so fast as the Armando.
Both have a full chassidish fit. In fact, for one of my sons G&G advised me to get the Armando because they could not get him a suit with a proper fit. I appreciate their honesty.
The Azzuro might be better for a husker boy.

crust

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:11 pm
esmom wrote:
Thanks everyone. Its a few big spots but very noticeable.

I wouldn't be afraid to wash it once in a while. It's worse if it's dirty...

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:13 pm
The owners of Armando Martillo are indeed chassidish. Their pants come in 4 cuts: Skinny, slim, regular and husky. I'm chassidish and my boys wear the slim. It is not tight at all. The regular is quite baggy. I have washed their suit jackets very sparingly. The pants and vest can be washed after every use.
Where did you pay 250$ for an Armando Martillo suit?! They retail for around 100$ plus 25$ for an extra pair of pants.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:14 pm
[quote="crust"]I have the Azzuro suits also but I like the Armando better. The jacket doesn't 'collapse', crinkle so fast as the Armando.

you say you like armando better for the quality? or the azzuro? which one holds up better?

esmom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:16 pm
Thanks for responding . I am just still unclear. I can wash very sparingly.. but in the machine?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:17 pm
I bought my ds suit in g&g. I know I overpaid. I didnt know armando is a chasidish cut. my dh insisted that g&g is the only one. I guess I will have to prove it to him. I will take a pair of ds pants and compare them. I had to travel in to bp to get ds a suit because where I live there is no g&g. it was so expensive. dh isnt convinced yet that anyone has a chasidish cut.

sorry op I took the thread off topic a little.

crust

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:18 pm
The Armando is crisp.
I don't want to say antthing about the Azzuro. I didn't buy a new one for a few years.

crust

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:21 pm
esmom wrote:
Thanks for responding . I am just still unclear. I can wash very sparingly.. but in the machine?

Yes. On a gentle wash.
When I do wash it, I dry it also for 5-10 minutes.

cnc

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 12:25 pm
amother wrote:
The owners of Armando Martillo are indeed chassidish. Their pants come in 4 cuts: Skinny, slim, regular and husky. I'm chassidish and my boys wear the slim. It is not tight at all. The regular is quite baggy. I have washed their suit jackets very sparingly. The pants and vest can be washed after every use.
Where did you pay 250$ for an Armando Martillo suit?! They retail for around 100$ plus 25$ for an extra pair of pants.

same experience here.
I only use the slim cut and it's not tight fitting at all . The regular is huge and looks ridiculous on my average and skinny kids.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 1:45 pm
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is meant by a chasidish suit? Thanks for the education.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
im wondering how much you paid for the armando suit? and wow so good you wahs in the machine. the jacket. sounds good.

Approx $90 in a local dry goods store.

cnc

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is meant by a chasidish suit? Thanks for the education.

I'm assuming she means the fit. Technically Chassidish means that the buttons are the "wrong way" like women's clothing. But I think she means that the suits have a full cut . Chassidim generally don't wear tight or very fitted pants .

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
is one pair of pants enough? or do you just match another navy or black pants when you need? I paid 250 for a three peice suit with an extra pair of pants.

btw anyone here that bought thiers is chasidish? I am so dh thought that only g&g sells the chasidish ones. he says they make them not as tight and more lose fitting. but im wondering how is martillo. I always knew the owners are chasidish so they make a fuller fit.

The suit I have is a very classic suit that they sell here (chassidish area). I don't know if there is a diff in the g&g suit chassidishwise, but will not buy G&g suits till bar mitzva.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry