Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving from BP to LAKEWOOD, School Suggestions Pls!

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:04 am
Hi,
Were considering moving to lakewood from Boro park. Which cheders aremost similar to Chasam Sofer in Bp and which girls school is most similar to little Bais Yaakov in bp? Thank you so much!

P.s. Please no comments about how difficult it is to get into schools, I am fully aware of the situation.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:05 am
What is little BY of BP? Is that a different school, not the regular BYBP?

Bais Faiga would be most similar to BYBP. You asked for no comments in a certain direction, so not going to say it....

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:33 am
Little Bais yakov is the huge by elementary school in boro park.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:39 am
studying_torah wrote:
Little Bais yakov is the huge by elementary school in boro park.

Thanks for the explanation.....rather paradoxical to call that school little, don't you think?Smile

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:42 am
I find only people who are not part of BYBP call it 'little BY.' In all my years there I have never heard of it. I've only heard it from Boro Parkers who don't send there...

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 8:02 am
Back to the OP's question - I'm not familiar with Brooklyn boys' schools but BYBP is on my radar. BF is most like it but I'm sure you will want to consider more choices. There are other schools in Lakewood that are "like" Bais Faiga in many ways. It depends what you are looking for (no other school is as big as BF, but I doubt that is what you care about).

How old are your girls? Some newer schools only go up to a certain grade. I've heard that Nachalas BY is similar to BF, for example, but it is newish. I'm not sure what grade it goes up to. Bnos Devorah also has some similarities to BF and it is a full elementary school - though one of it's similarities happens to be that it is also very full, like BF.....

You might post what aspect of BYBP you are looking for, as that might expand your choices....

Hatzlacha!

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 8:57 am
I also lived in bp for many years and never heard anyone call it "little". I lived around the corner.

I think the new stolin is close the chasam sofer. are you heimish? stolin is heimish. real yeshivish. good place. really new. its the first or second year.

toras emes. is also heimish. somewhat chasidish. mostly not. talmud torah is also heimish type.

op are you heimish?

debsey

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 11:00 am
OP you have to be much more clear about what you're looking for. "Little" BY is a very eclectic school. Lakewood schools a a bit more specifically "typed."

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 11:38 am
(I think it's called little BY because the regular title Bais Yakov referred to the BY high school so "little BY" became the nickname for the elementary. Not sure if it's still like that but that's how we referred to it when we were high schoolers years ago).

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
(It's called little BY because the regular title Bais Yakov referred to the BY high school so "little BY" became the nickname for the elementary. Not sure if it's still like that but that's how we referred to it when we were high schoolers years ago).

I dont know why. I went to both, they are completely unaffiliated with each other. One was called BY elementary, and one BY high school.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 11:43 am
I went there many many years ago and we called it little bais yaakov too. I assumed bec it was elementary school. But nope, nothing small about it, even back then, kah!

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 1:34 pm
amother wrote:
I dont know why. I went to both, they are completely unaffiliated with each other. One was called BY elementary, and one BY high school.

I remember this too, the BY high school girls would refer to BYBP as "Little BY" just to differentiate between BYHS and BY elementary school, even though they aren't affiliated.

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 1:43 pm
I've heard my relatives also refer it to as little BY and BY. (They're in their thirties and forties. I don't hear anyone refer to it like that these days.)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 3:28 pm
cnc wrote:
I've heard my relatives also refer it to as little BY and BY. (They're in their thirties and forties. I don't hear anyone refer to it like that these days.)

I still call it Little Bais Yakov. Just because its the younget kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating