Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Schools in Philadelphia

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 1:32 pm
What is the difference between Torah Academy of Philadelphia and Poltz Hebrew Academy of Philadelphia?

Their websites make them seem very similar I would like to know the difference from parents that live in the area.

If a family where to move to Elkins Park with 5 kids ranging from 1 years old to 9 years old which school would/ does that community generally send to?

Thanks!

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 1:40 pm
amother wrote:
What is the difference between Torah Academy of Philadelphia and Poltz Hebrew Academy of Philadelphia?

Their websites make them seem very similar I would like to know the difference from parents that live in the area.

If a family where to move to Elkins Park with 5 kids ranging from 1 years old to 9 years old which school would/ does that community generally send to?

Thanks!

I'm not particularly familiar with either school, except that Poltz is closer and a lot easier to get to in the morning. Spoken as someone whose father commuted from not far from Elkins Park, to not far from Ardmore, for more than 30 years.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 1:46 pm
Politz is a lot closer and less traffic.
While both are officially day schools, Politz is skewed to the right. More yeshivish hanhala/ teachers and student body.
TA is more tzioni...etc.
Both great schools.
Hatlzocha!

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 2:05 pm
Does either school have bussing?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 3:14 pm
The Philadelphia school district has free bussing for 1st grade and up. I don't think elkins park is in the city, so I don't know what the story is with bussing. But politz has a number of families from elkins park, so they would know.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 3:16 pm
amother wrote:
The Philadelphia school district has free bussing for 1st grade and up. I don't think elkins park is in the city, so I don't know what the story is with bussing. But politz has a number of families from elkins park, so they would know.

Elkins Park is not Philadelphia. Its Cheltenham Township (Montgomery County).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating