Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Breaking News: Trump might fire Mueller

Mevater

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 12:09 am
Where is this heading?

WhatFor

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 12:28 am
Probably nowhere. As Trump famously said, he could shoot someone in the middle of fifth avenue and his supporters would still vote for him.

It would take Congress to impeach him even if it was evident that he intended to obstruct justice. And as long as Congresspeople continue to care more about their individual agendas than the country, this will go nowhere.

Fox

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 1:35 am
Perhaps he could fire Mueller and replace him with Loretta Lynch, who could then order it declared a "matter" rather than an investigation.

FWIW, I find MSNBC much more compelling when Rachel Maddow does her sad face and her eyes glitter with unshed tears. Now that's drama!

vicki

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 6:07 am
Oh good grief.
What kind of news is "Trump might fire Mueller"?

Come back and start a new thread if/when he does.

Mevater

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 7:01 am
vicki wrote:
Oh good grief.
What kind of news is "Trump might fire Mueller"?

Come back and start a new thread if/when he does.

Not the way I see it.

In recorded history, I dont think weve had a president who when he felt threatened, fired and talked about firing as often as Trump.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 8:25 am
Hey, before the President's tagline was Make America Great Again it was YOU'RE FIRED!

Mr Mueller and James Comey go back a long way: https://www.washingtonpost.com.....6c740 If I were President Trump, that would concern me.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 9:01 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Hey, before the President's tagline was Make America Great Again it was YOU'RE FIRED!

Mr Mueller and James Comey go back a long way: https://www.washingtonpost.com.....6c740 If I were President Trump, that would concern me.

And yet this morning I've been hearing this love fest, like soundbites from the Newt, raving in May about Mueller's appointment, and how impeccable his cv is, and how suitable he was for the job.

Fox

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 9:41 am
Mevater wrote:
Not the way I see it.

In recorded history, I dont think weve had a president who when he felt threatened, fired and talked about firing as often as Trump.

Except that's not what happened, is it?

What happened is that a friend of Trump's said he "believes" that Trump might fire Mueller, and he is basing this not on anything Trump said to him but what he has heard from an unnamed source.

So in this case, at least, we have a guy who talked to a guy who may or may not know anything. That's less actual information than I get when my teenage son asks to borrow my car.

The reason everyone is backtracking on Mueller is because he hired two attorneys to assist him who have very direct ties to the Obama administration and/or the Clinton campaign. These special investigations are almost always a colossal waste of time and money. Back in the 90s, Kenneth Starr chased President Clinton on behalf of the Republicans for years, the only results being a blue dress and a highly beneficial land deal that still failed to make money.

Personally, though, I'd love to see this go forward with less partisan investigators. However, if I were a Democrat, I'd be rushing to shut this down. What we've learned from Comey's testimony already is that the DOJ was attempting to influence the election -- and a lot less subtle about it than the Russians.

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 7:54 am
http://www.newsweek.com/americ.....95929

Americans are planning to protest across the United States Monday if President Donald Trump moves to fire Russia investigation special counsel Robert Mueller in the wake of his probe’s first arrest.

“Nobody is Above the Law” rallies have been organized in multiple cities in 48 states by the group MoveOn.org, a progressive political action group, set to begin if and when Mueller is fired.

The group argues it “would be a constitutional crisis for our country” if Mueller is dismissed, in an announcement about the rallies on its website.

As early as Monday Mueller’s team are set to make their first arrest in the investigation into whether Trump campaign officials or associates worked with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election, according to CNN and The Wall Street Journal.

Last Friday a federal grand jury in Washington approved the charges, which are under seal on orders from a federal judge.

Trump urged Republicans to “DO SOMETHING!” about Mueller’s investigation on Twitter Sunday, calling it a “Witch Hunt” that is “bad for our country.” The president, however, did not specify what he wanted Republicans to do.

“All of this ‘Russia’ talk right when the Republicans are making their big push for historic Tax Cuts & Reform. Is this coincidental? NOT!” Trump wrote.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 8:29 am
I've seen that, but nothing actually indicating potus would fire Mueller. Just tweets begging the Twitterverse to "Do something!" about an issue that has nothing to do with the fact that his former campaign manager is turning himself in to the FBI later today.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/f.....65767
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics