Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Going rate ?

momtra

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 8:13 pm
I work in a school about 1/2 hour away from where I live. I was asked to drive 2 children from the neighborhood who go to that school.
I value my time in the car, since it is my only "alone time", but can't pass up the oppportunity to make extra $
What is the going rate to ask for in this situation? There are no tolls.

agreer

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 10:06 pm
Don't know if there's a going rate, but how much would the parents need to pay to send them to school via other transportation? Request at least half of that.

For ex: if it would cost 30/week per child via bus, ask for 15/week per child ... at least. You could ask for 30 too, because they are safer with you.

essie14

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 11:00 pm
I know some people that do this and they charge whatever it would cost for the child to go by bus.

Sunshine3

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 11:00 pm
I would ask for the same much as the parents would spend via other transportation
bec a like agree said - its safer, and my child wont have sit on the bus making other stops and ect... its a straight drive.

By me for a 10-15 minute drive I think the going rate is about 150 a month (you didn't write were you live - so the rate can be different by you) . But your further plus doing less stops so think you can charge more. Maybe 175 or 200? (are the kids from the same family? The prices I am quoting are for one kid. If its the same family I probably wont double it, but would make the price a little higher)

momtra

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 5:32 am
Thanks for your responses!

There would be 3 kids actually, 2 from one family and one from the other.
Good points about the pros of traveling with a mom in a minivan, vs on a school bus.

If I theoretically ask them for $40 a week- should I let them decide how they want to split it up( since one family has 2 kids) or charge per kid?

Maryann

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 5:42 am
Charge per kid
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics