Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Bill Cosby jury deadlocked after 30 hours

Mevater

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 4:18 pm
• On the fourth day of deliberations, the jury in the Bill Cosby s-xual assault trial reported to the judge that they were deadlocked and unable to reach a verdict.

• Judge Steven T. O’Neill asked the jurors to try to deliberate some more after hearing of the impasse.

• It’s unclear what is the central point of disagreement among the jurors. Andrea Constand, the woman who has accused Mr. Cosby of s-xual assault, was composed and calm on the stand during her testimony last week, but the defense spent most of its time during cross-examination working to establish the inconsistencies and mistakes in her account.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0......html

After so many women accused him. Whats going on?

It almost feels like this is going on in a frum neighborhood.

Bluesky 1

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 7:48 pm
No one knows for sure if the allegations are true. One thing is for sure that they want his money many celebrities have gone through this. Think about what these women did to Michael Jackson. Its so much he said she said. That's what gets confusing. And then these peop,es lives are ruined for the greedy people that can't fargin his money. I'm not saying he didn't do this but it's pretty obvious.

Mevater

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 8:09 pm
Bluesky 1 wrote:
I'm not saying he didn't do this but it's pretty obvious.

He admitted giving drugs. Is there any doubt?

Whats pretty obvious?

noosheen

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 8:22 pm
Wasn't this trial with only one women who brought charges ? All the others who came for ward are not included in this trial. That's what I thought anyway....

Mevater

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 8:35 pm
noosheen wrote:
Wasn't this trial with only one women who brought charges ? All the others who came for ward are not included in this trial. That's what I thought anyway....

Yes this trial involves only one woman, but whats the chance she fabricated anything when so many other women said the same thing?

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 8:49 pm
Nobody wants to believe that the all-wise Dr. Huxtable could be this predator. It's hard to separate a long running TV character from the actor who plays him.

noosheen

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 10:07 pm
I absolutely believe them as I'm sure many others do as well

But the jury has to only decide on the testimony of this one woman, not take all the other women's accusations into account when deciding on a guilty or not g verdict.
Correct me if I'm wrong .....

Mevater

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 10:15 pm
I cant understand how any juror will be able to live with themselves if their decision led to letting him walk.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 10:54 pm
I 100% believe he's a monster and predator and will not feel bad in any way if he's locked up for life. That said, only one of his other accusers was allowed to testify, and the jury did not hear about any other accusers (maybe because of statute of limitations?).

This particular accuser may not be the best plaintiff, because it seems that she did continue the relationship with him for quite some time even after what he did to her, which may be giving the jury some doubt about the defense's claim that it was consensual.

I highly doubt that they'll actually unanimously find him not guilty; worst case is a hung jury and mistrial, which the DA could retry, though there may be pressure not to. I really hope he gets what's coming to him in this world; I know he'll get it in the next!

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 11:02 pm
noosheen wrote:
I absolutely believe them as I'm sure many others do as well

But the jury has to only decide on the testimony of this one woman, not take all the other women's accusations into account when deciding on a guilty or not g verdict.
Correct me if I'm wrong .....

Not only may they decide based on this one accuser, they MUST do so. A case must be considered by itself without regard to other cases brought against the defendant. So if we have a perp who was convicted of fifteen murders land is brought in for number sixteen today, the jury is not allowed to say " he must be guilty because he was guilty of fifteen others. " each one is supposed to be judged on its own merit or lack thereof.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics