Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Dd age 6 bedwetting

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 8:49 pm
Dd has been fully trained since age 2 1/2. In the past year she has been bedwetting 3-4 times a week. I spoke to her dr, he gave some suggestions it nothing worked. (Uti was negative). I tried limiting drinks before bedtime, taking her to the toilet an hour after she falls asleep. But she still wakes u wet. She refuses to wear a pamper says it's itchy. So I'm changing her linen every day.

This has become a chronic problem, it started last summer. (I tried the bedwetting alarm it worked for a few weeks then stopped working).
Any suggestions? I'm losing my mind.

crust

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 9:03 pm
Not wearing a pull-up can really be exhausting!!
Is she comfortable becoming wet? It's a pain in the neck for the child also.
Maybe if she hears from you that this is completely normal thing, and a lot of girls of her class also have pullups even if they don't tell her, then, maybe she will let her self wear a pullup?

(Please note I'm just thinking out loud; not advising not asking stupid questions etc. LOL I'm afraid to do so... too many complaints on previous threads)

MommyM

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 9:11 pm
I think goodnites makes a bed setting mat. Not sure how it works or if it's good but instead of wearing it, it gets placed under the child, to protect the linen.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 10:04 pm
I can commiserate.
DS was fully trained and then at the age of about 6 he started bed wetting and having accidents by day. It continues on and off over the years. More on then off. Like every other day.
We ruled out foul play, medical...
Now that he's older, depressing to say him age, he tells us that he feels it coming he's just to busy and doesn't care so he does his business wherever.
We've tried charts, we've tried contest, we've tried books, we've tried punitive measures and we're still trying.

He needs to own up and feel responsible for this to stop.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 11:32 pm
If she wears underwear, and then a pull up over, is it still itchy? It won't help with the underwear staying dry, but the linen at least will!

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 3:51 am
We just started medication. It jumpstarts the body to learn to put the elimination system to rest at night.
It's called desmopressin/minarin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training