Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Working for family

amother

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 9:37 pm
I'm woring already for almost 4 years for my uncle. he recently told me that he can't afford paying me the amound of money he is paying me, my son doesnt go to the babysitter anymore and tuition is much cheaper so he wants to cut my wages. I was very upset about it but dh told me that his business is very hard now and I should stay even he wants to pay me less. so I'm working for 3 months now with a lower wage
today he calls me at 9 in the morning that he wants me to come in to the store, I told him that I never work on sundays and its chol hamoed, I told him that I don't want to work chol hamoed cuz my husband is of and ds doesnt have school and we have plans.
he called me in the evening that I HAVE to come in tomorrow cuz the other worker cant come in and he cant stay in the sotre all day. I had plans to go out tomorrow so I told him I dont want to. so he said if you dont come tomorrow you dont have to come in at all. so I said fine and put down the phone. now I dont have a job at all.
what should I do now?
I have no patience to look for a new job cuz I'm very limited with hours. ds goes on the bus at 10 and comes home at 3.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 9:44 pm
If you're working for a chessed, good for you, but if you have to make money, you need to find someting else, along with proper child care.

I'm sure you have no patience to look for a new job - I don't think anyone really likes that!

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 9:49 pm
well you seem to say it all yourself ... uncle is taking advantage of you ... paying you less - how rude shock he would NEVER get away with that for a non-family employee - good you quit now ...

10 - 3 seems a fair enough time to look around ... that could be your new job - finding a more appropriate one ... good luck!!!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 9:50 pm
I felt like I'm doing chesed but if this is the way he is treating me I dont wanna help him, he also accused me today for not putting in a certain aount of money a customer sent in the computer, after yelling at me and dh (cuz first he cldnt reach me) for 10 minutes I told him I didnt even work on that day cuz had a doctors appointment for ds, he didnt even appoligze

dh says he is fed up from all the complaints I have about my job and wants me to quit
its just sooo hard cuz we really need the extra money Crying

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 9:51 pm
hey you did just quit ... too late now !!!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 9:54 pm
its already the third time I'm quitting and they always beg me to come back cuz I do most of the computer work and billing and the customers love me, but this time they will not get me back (bli neder) unless he gives me a BIG raise!!

greenfire

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 10:04 pm
well if you always do what you always did ... you'll always get what you always got ... What
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics