Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Baby modelling

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 9:17 am
I signed up my baby in a modelling agency
They contacted me to come down for a photo shoot
Is it ayin hara does any1 have any experience with this?
Tia

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 9:28 am
Why did you sign him up if you thought it would be an Ayin Hara?

Which agency? I've been thinking of sending pictures of my son.

cholenteater

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
I signed up my baby in a modelling agency
They contacted me to come down for a photo shoot
Is it ayin hara does any1 have any experience with this?
Tia

Ask your rav
Mine said it's fine
Each has a different opinion - ask your specific rav, don't rely on others opinions

Merrymom

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 9:43 am
I was told many times that my children were beautiful enough to model k"ayh but I chose not to do that, not because of anyin harah. I didn't do it so my children should not one day talk about how they were a child model and start to think of themselves in terms of their looks. Beauty is a gift and that's all it is. I like when my children look nice but there are much more important things in life. I'd be afraid this would send the wrong message to them. I'm much more likely to fuss over their good grades than how beautiful they look in a certain dress.

groovy1224

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 9:49 am
Merrymom wrote:
I was told many times that my children were beautiful enough to model k"ayh but I chose not to do that, not because of anyin harah. I didn't do it so my children should not one day talk about how they were a child model and start to think of themselves in terms of their looks. Beauty is a gift and that's all it is. I like when my children look nice but there are much more important things in life. I'd be afraid this would send the wrong message to them. I'm much more likely to fuss over their good grades than how beautiful they look in a certain dress.

I totally get that POV but on the other hand, is it really that different than any other talent/attribute people use to make money? I.e. a singer or athlete

I think there's a difference between signing your child up for a few modelling gigs, and becoming a pageant mom. It's completely possible to raise a child model and still instill good values.

I can completely understand someone not being comfortable with it, but I just want to point out that allowing your child to make a little money off of their baby blues doesn't mean they will grow up to be vapid and shallow.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 10:22 am
I never signed up until now because I was scared of aiyin hara then I saw a advert for a agency near me and decided ill fill in the form and if they contact me Ill ask my rav then
(I dont think theres anything wrong with a baby being a model)
Mommy3b2c I dont live in the same country as you this agency only based near where I live.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 2:12 pm
Ayn hara, shooting on shabbes, rejections, fights between siblings... No gracias. Or very occasionally. I gave in a couple times. kah tfu tfu tfu

allcuteonesrtak

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
I never signed up until now because I was scared of aiyin hara then I saw a advert for a agency near me and decided ill fill in the form and if they contact me Ill ask my rav then
(I dont think theres anything wrong with a baby being a model)
Mommy3b2c I dont live in the same country as you this agency only based near where I live.

Did u send them a photo of your baby already?

If you choose to go ahead with it, make sure you read the contracts you sign carefully

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 2:47 pm
Yes I filled in the appication last night and sent in a pic they called me today to book an app Very Happy Very Happy
I was also wondering if any1 has experience with the whole process how it works

cm

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 3:20 pm
I doubt that modeling would make a baby or very young child vain. Perhaps the mother...

Baby modeling generally pays (or paid, back when I had a baby) just enough to cover the expense of getting to the shoot. It seems like an interesting thing to do, but few really make enough to make a difference.

I chose not to pursue it because I didn't want to use my child's image to sell products. There are other ways to do interesting things for pocket change.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 4:36 pm
They're not going to take ugly kids.

But if you're talking about babies, they call in lots and lots of kids. Then they use the ones who aren't crying. Seriously. I know someone whose baby was pictured on the box for a well-known product. They used him because he was the first baby who didn't cry when the model "mother" picked him up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics