Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Morah for boys who are repeating kindergaten (lkwd)
1  2  Next

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 12:37 pm
Can anyone recommend a boys playgroup morah for a boy who is turning 5 soon but not ready for primary? (no academic issues B"H) .... we registered him for yeshiva but now having doubts. All the morahs are probably booked!! what to do....

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 4:08 pm
anyone??

I guess erev shabbos isn't the best time to post...

zcc

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 4:10 pm
I find daycares advertising for those ages every so often so maybe try that option.

Pickle1

Post Sat, Jun 17 2017, 11:52 pm
u can try vichna smith. she's great for repeats - but its a little late, prob will be full

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 6:54 am
I repeated my son a few years ago. The 1st year he went to a morah in a basement. The 2nd year - I sent him to a group in a day care. The day care was in a school building, with real classroom furniture etc. When we passed the building he would show my other kids that it's his 'yeshiva'. This way he felt good about himself even though his friends from kindergarten were really going to yeshiva.

brandnewlywed

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 9:12 am
Try calling Sara Baila shachter from the ziva kreeger foundation. She was very helpful when my friends daughter was repeating. She knew of all the good teachers and who had room.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:00 pm
Rusi Friedman on 10th St. She does a challenging curriculum and has control of her classroom. She also does Yiddish, which is great for a boy who already learned the Alef Bais and needs a little more.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:40 pm
Morah Malky Schwartz in the 14th Street area is supposed to be amazing. Very stimulating enviroment for repeats

L K

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:43 pm
Chumi greenBerger in forest park does older kg boys,

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 5:01 pm
thanks to all!

Has anyone heard of gitty greenberger, suri nojowits or roizy nadoff? These are some of the names I've been given. Does anyone know baila weingarten? I've been making many phone calls and have this list of names.

ChochmasNashim

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 5:50 pm
Gitty is full. Try baila weingarden

grandeursilver

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 7:50 pm
Baila Weingarten is fantastic! I highly recommend her.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 9:16 pm
Bumping this up . Any of these morahs still in business ? Looking for a repeat for my son . No academic issues. He knows the alef bais . Hes social. I just dont feel like I'm ready to put him into primary when hes still 4 . Hes turning 5 in october. Needs a stimulating curriculum and a spacious environment.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 9:30 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
Rusi Friedman on 10th St. She does a challenging curriculum and has control of her classroom. She also does Yiddish, which is great for a boy who already learned the Alef Bais and needs a little more.

Is she still in business?

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 9:33 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Bumping this up . Any of these morahs still in business ? Looking for a repeat for my son . No academic issues. He knows the alef bais . Hes social. I just dont feel like I'm ready to put him into primary when hes still 4 . Hes turning 5 in october. Needs a stimulating curriculum and a spacious environment.

Could be the other Morah’s are also all still in business, but I’ve seen when passing by on 14th st that Morah Malky Schwartz is.

Also, if this is Baila Weingarten from West Kennedy/Gourmet Glatt N. area, she’s still doing a group, but she’s married by now. I don’t know her married name, but I have this # for her in my phone: 732-551-6339

There’s also Morah Miri Finkel on Chalet Terrace.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 9:40 pm
Rochel Elbaz on red oak in raintree is fantastic for repeats and older 4s - that’s the age she takes. I sent my November birthday son to her and he had a great year!

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 10:47 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Rochel Elbaz on red oak in raintree is fantastic for repeats and older 4s - that’s the age she takes. I sent my November birthday son to her and he had a great year!

Do you have a phone number ?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 10:49 pm
He's only 4 and going into kindergarten? Isn't that a little early? My kid is 5 1/2 (will turn 6 in December) and is starting kindergarten this year. He hasn't been held back or anything.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:42 pm
Hes turning 5 in october. No it's not early. How is your son turning 6 and only starting kindergarten for the first time ?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:52 pm
amother Natural wrote:
thanks to all!

Has anyone heard of gitty greenberger, suri nojowits or roizy nadoff? These are some of the names I've been given. Does anyone know baila weingarten? I've been making many phone calls and have this list of names.

Gitty Greenberg? I Wish 😢 😢 😢
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics