Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chin hairs
1  2  Next

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 2:46 am
I can't take it anymore
I need to shave everyday and I feel like it's getting more and more (and my shabbos mornign I already feel hair)

waxing didn't seem to help for much longer and it hurts

I did not find other creams helpful

lazer is too expensive and too much time

any other ideas on what I can do ?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 3:12 am
Electrolysis worked amazingly for me - I went back for treatments about 5 times over the course of a year, and then it was gone forever. I don't know if you would consider it too expensive - I can't really remember how much it cost. Not as cheap as waxing, but cheaper than laser.
I was actually told laser is not good and/or may not work for the face.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 5:14 am
Electrolysis and laser work great. If you can make an effort and squeeze in budget, do laser maximum 6 sessions. After that is waist of time and can retriger growth according to some. For the left over after these 6 sessions of laser you do electrolysis. Or if you want to pay cheaper but longer time do electrolisis. Ditch creams, wax, thread or any other method.Shave looks awfull.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 7:40 am
Can anyone recommend an electrolysist near Passaic? Or, anywhere Northern NJ,Monsey?

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 8:04 am
I use an epilator. Lasts longer than shaving but I can do it at home.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
I use an epilator. Lasts longer than shaving but I can do it at home.

What type of epilator? Is there one specifically for the face?

I am not the op, but I don't think laser would work for me, since some of my hairs are white (I am near 50). Also, I find new chin hair grows all the time. Has anyone around my age or older successfully dealt with chin hair?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 6:00 pm
Tweeze?

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 6:29 pm
I constantly have to tweeze. I don't have a lot only one or two at a time. But they still just pop up. For example I look at night and the next morning I find a long hair. Also why is the hair on my head Grey/ white and the ones on my chin black?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 8:37 pm
Laser is not good for the face.

Go with electrolysis. It is painful, expesnive and time-consuming, but the only lasting solution to facial hair.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:38 pm
amother wrote:
What type of epilator? Is there one specifically for the face?

I am not the op, but I don't think laser would work for me, since some of my hairs are white (I am near 50). Also, I find new chin hair grows all the time. Has anyone around my age or older successfully dealt with chin hair?

I use the same one I use for my legs. But I think they also make special facial ones.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:53 pm
do NOT I repeat do NOT tweeze. this is really not well known, but tweezing chin/jaw hairs increases bloodflow to that area and INCREASES hair growth. I started tweezing my one or two chin hairs over a decade a go. they increased in thickness and quantity like crazy over the years, to the point where a 3 day yom tov I would have hundreds of hairs. for real. for me, it might also be a hormonal issue. but now I am doing electrolysis weekly or every other week, for almost 3 years and its finally decreasing.
bottom line, dont tweeze. it works against you. electrolysyis is the only permanent hair removal technique. and laser AFAIK doesnt work on light hair, elect. does. good luck!

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 4:28 am
amother wrote:
do NOT I repeat do NOT tweeze. this is really not well known, but tweezing chin/jaw hairs increases bloodflow to that area and INCREASES hair growth. I started tweezing my one or two chin hairs over a decade a go. they increased in thickness and quantity like crazy over the years, to the point where a 3 day yom tov I would have hundreds of hairs. for real. for me, it might also be a hormonal issue. but now I am doing electrolysis weekly or every other week, for almost 3 years and its finally decreasing.
bottom line, dont tweeze. it works against you. electrolysyis is the only permanent hair removal technique. and laser AFAIK doesnt work on light hair, elect. does. good luck!

So, what do you do if you have 1 or 2? Don't tweeze? But there's (BH!) not enough to do anything else...

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 4:44 am
amother wrote:
So, what do you do if you have 1 or 2? Don't tweeze? But there's (BH!) not enlough to do anything else...

Yes DO NOT NOT NOT tweeze I learnt my lesson the hard way I had 2 and I tweezered and now I have no choice but to do electrolysis I did laser but I'm not sure it was a good idea it also makes more hair grow
I think electrolysis is the best even for 2 hairs

imasinger

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 5:27 am
There actually is not evidence that plucking a few chin hairs causes more to grow. A study on mice done a few years ago was widely discussed an misinterpreted. For a factual look at what we do and don't know, see here:

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2015/04......aspx

Blood flow to an area does not cause hair growth, or else we'd have hair on our elbows.

Sadly, none of the methods of removal are 100% effective and pain free.

As to the color difference, it is known that body hair and head hair turn gray at different rates, and that it's not consistent. You can find men with gray heads and brown beards, or vice versa.

tf

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 5:29 am
I'm around 50 - only electrolysis, I did it even for 2 tiny hairs. Correct with NO TWEEZING. Same story. BH, I didn't have to go now for about 4 months, but there were times when I went so so often.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 6:28 am
Laser makes it worse. My aunt did laser and she has a more facial hair. Shaving is also bad, you should do electrolysis and tweezers.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 6:31 am
Only electrolysis even for 2 hairs. No tweezers and definitely not shaving.

max

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 6:45 am
Have been using manicure scissors and a magnifying mirror every couple of days also have tried Olay facial hair removal not bad but not perfect definitely a hormone thing since menopause lots of blonde hair on my face does anyone in Flatbush area have a recommendation for electrolysis person? Also approximately how much time and money will I have to spend?

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 6:46 am
Electrologist recommends shaving only between treatments.

I can recommend someone in dumont. PM me if you want that info.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 2:43 pm
Do chin hairs get worse when pregnant?
DH noticed for the first time- I used to have one or 2, noow they're sprouting more!! Feel too gross to go find a place to do electrolosis and now have a fear of tweezing- so I cut them with manicure scissors like someone suggested. But they grow so fast and so many!!! Why?!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics