Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is the craziest lie you ever believed?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:09 pm
That I am unlovable.

I didn't learn otherwise until I was about 26, after a few years of marriage when I realized that DH actually loves me just because I'm me. Not because I'm smart, pretty, funny, etc.

cnc

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:19 pm
sequoia wrote:
"Misled" is a word. That's how it's spelled (past tense). It's pronounced mis-led, which is counter-intuitive Smile I and many others thought it was pronounced misle-d. You know, to misle somebody Smile

I learned something new today! embarrassed

Moonlight

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:24 pm
amother wrote:
I had so many of those! I was a huge reader, but a lot of the words I never heard pronounced until years after I'd been reading them.

Lol my 7 yr old daughter always has her nose in a novel, but when she tries to use her new vocabulary words, I am rolling at the assumed pronunciations!

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:32 pm
amother wrote:
I used to believe that my father is not a pedophile.
I found out last night that he really really is.
He has a relations addiction and he attacks kids.

I always thought that it was just a boundary issue. Especially, when my aunts and uncles told me that he never molested us, and we don't know what molestation really is.

Baruch hanosein l'sechvi Bina To tell the difference between distorted truths and the real truth.
Hug Hug

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:42 pm
sequoia wrote:
"Misled" is a word. That's how it's spelled (past tense). It's pronounced mis-led, which is counter-intuitive Smile I and many others thought it was pronounced misle-d. You know, to misle somebody Smile

Rolling Laughter

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:50 pm
amother wrote:
I had so many of those! I was a huge reader, but a lot of the words I never heard pronounced until years after I'd been reading them.

Oh, this totally needs a spinoff... writhed, rancid- just a couple off the top of my head.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 10:57 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Oh, this totally needs a spinoff... writhed, rancid- just a couple off the top of my head.

...awry, albeit...

shanie5

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:03 pm
In elementary school the principal said she had a spanking machine on the roof and if we misbehaved, she would take us up there and put a quarter in it and we would be spanked.
Funny thing, I wasn't the best behaved, yet was never brought to the roof.....

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:39 pm
I also once fell for a pathological liar, and spent hours and hours giving her support for her psychological issues (which she did end up having, though not as she portrayed it!). There was a part of me that did not fully believe her, but embarrassingly I will admit that I kept up my wannabe therapist role because I was kind of flattered that she kept coming to me for help and that I was the only one she could confide in (another lie). I definitely became more cynical and wary after that episode.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:41 pm
shanie5 wrote:
In elementary school the principal said she had a spanking machine on the roof and if we misbehaved, she would take us up there and put a quarter in it and we would be spanked.
Funny thing, I wasn't the best behaved, yet was never brought to the roof.....

In a similar vein, has anyone gone swimming in a pool that makes a red ring appear around a swimmer who peed in the pool? Very Happy

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:49 pm
tigerwife wrote:
In a similar vein, has anyone gone swimming in a pool that makes a red ring appear around a swimmer who peed in the pool? Very Happy

My husband - in Israel.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:53 pm
amother wrote:
My husband - in Israel.

Well anyway that's what he told you. Lol.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:58 pm
tigerwife wrote:

http://www.snopes.com/science/poolpiss.asp

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 12:43 am
amother wrote:
Somebody at work told everyone that I had an affair. I have never ever had relations outside of marriage with Kiddushin, even when I was divorced (and I do know divorcees who have done it). I have no idea how far this lie is being passed along and there is no way for me to stop it. I do know that quite a number of people accept it as fact because many of my friends stopped talking to me.

I'm so sorry for you that's a real bad one.
And btw, it's appalling that people stop talking to you for that. They're obviously not real friends.
I'd never stop speaking to my close friend for this reason even if true. (Doesn't mean I'd approve of the action tho)

sped

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 3:36 am
When we were little, my older sister told me that in front of us is a bad malach and in back is a good malach. We should never walk backwards, because that is pushing away the good malach. I believed her for a very long time, and to this day, when I walk backwards I still have this uncomfortable feeling for the first second.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 4:42 am
As a kid I had underwear that had a different day of the week on each pair. Someone, I think my aunt, told me that if I wear the wrong day underwear the underwear police will come after me. I was petrified. I recently found onesies for my baby that have a day on each one and I couldn't bring myself to buy them! What if I put the wrong one on him? LOL

Anon cuz I bet she's on here.

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 4:45 am
My father told me that when he was little, they didn't invent umbrellas yet.
Also that they didn't invent color yet (that's why everything was black and white in the pictures ) but I don't think I believed that one very long

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 5:59 am
amother wrote:
I'm so sorry for you that's a real bad one.
And btw, it's appalling that people stop talking to you for that. They're obviously not real friends.
I'd never stop speaking to my close friend for this reason even if true. (Doesn't mean I'd approve of the action tho)

I think many would do the same (though hopefully confirm it's true first).

esuss

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 9:05 am
That mice can't climb to second floor apartments.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 9:22 am
amother wrote:
I think many would do the same (though hopefully confirm it's true first).

How?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics